Viet Nam Trip Report

Cyborg

Viet Nam trip !

After spending one week in Bangkok,Pattaya and the village routine with a freind I was ready to for

for one week in Saigon.

But first Thanks for all the response and emails from my " young guys in Bars issue" post. I`ve taking action about my SEA love and got myself a new job which I can

combine with my studies and work. Luckely this job involves lot`s of travelling to SEA and to South America.

The money is crappy, but all the travelling makes up for it.

For the first time in my life I flew Buisenes Class from Bangkok to Saigon

with Vietnamese Air. This trip was comfortable that i whis that it would go on for a couple of more hours.

All the crew was female and they wore thoose amizing looking outfits.

All the outfits where " slized" all the way from their thigh to their legs, so you could

easaly see their wonderfull legs smile.gifMe and my newly found friend from france where

enjoying the sights.

My agent failed to meet me at the airport and since it was poring rain

I just took one of the taxis outside the terminal. He asked for 10 USD ,but after a little

bargening we settled on 5 USD.

I was booked at the Rex hotel which i loacaded fairly downtown Saigon...

The rooms where very nice and the personal where all nice people.

PS. I didn`t find one hotel in Saigon that allows you to bring girls back to the room.

It seems like you have to registrer them and pay for an additional room...

I`ve read some info about the nightlife there, but not much... Actully,

all I knew was that I was going to Apocalypsic now to check out the freelancer scene. ( not sure of the spelling )

First stop was O`briens factory, which is fairly known expat bar which had the best pizza I`ve ever tasted.

( adr. 74 A2, HAI BA TRUNG, DISTRICT 1. )

This is a nice and quiet bar with no hassels at all and the owner is a great guy.

After a couple of hours at O briens I was a bit drunk and decided that i wanted to try one of thoose

bicycle drivers.

I hooked up with one of the drivers from the street and asked him to just drive me around while I enjoyed

a beer and a cig.

We where driving around in Saigon and ALL the time there would be a boy and a girl on moto

driving up to me and the boy would ask me if I wanted to fuck his friend....

I kindly declined all the offers.... During 10 minuts I must have had about 20 motos whith girls

asking me for sex. Of course I asked 50 % of them of what the price would be and 10-20 USD seemed to be the going rate.

I was drunk at this time and was having a brilliant time... My driver was also all smiles and

asked me " why don`t you want a girl" and bla bla bla.... For sure he could hook me up with nice

girl ant any price range I wanted to pay. But I declined the offers as I had a small plan on going to AN later in the night.

So there I was driving around Saigon drinking beer and smoking when suddenly my driver

tells me he`s tierd... "Hey, I can understand that" I said.... He was sorry that he couldn`t drive me

any more... But as it turned out, he had a guy who droove a regular taxi and he could come and

pick me up if I wanted ?

"That would be nice" I said...

I got of my cyclo driver and paid him the agreed 1 dollar for 20 minuts of cycling.

As soon as I got inside the regular taxi, two guys jumped in from the left side of the car and one

guy at the left side in the front of the car.

" GIM ME ALL YU MONY " "NOW".............. WHAT THE FUCK ?????? Am I being fucking robbed ???

Before I knew it I had a gun pointed dirctly at me..... What happened at this point is kind of a blur, but

I know I must have reached for my right pocket and took out 25 USD. For some reason I handed him

the 5 dollar bill and stuck the 20 back in my pants!!!! They went balistic over this and started shouting at me

and as I reached for the 20 dollar bill I glanesed outiside the window and there must have been about 4-5

guys standing there.... WATCHING !!!

I freeked out and started shouting myself and somehow all of the sudden I was outside of the car.

To this day, I`m not sure if i got thrown out of the car or if I managed to open the door myeself...

But it doesn`t matter anyway... So there I was laying in the middle of the street in Saigon with a cut on my shoulder...

In a matter of secunds everybody was gone.... I was desperatly trying to see if there was anybody around.

But there wern`t anybody around.... Just a tuck load of motos passing me every second.

Sorry about the short lenght, but I will write more the next time.

Next report will include 3 visits to the loacal massage places in Saigon.

I visited Vietnam 2 years ago and although nothing happened to me, I met three people who were robbed. One guy was beat up and robbed on the beach in Nha Trang. Definitely not same same Thailand. I never made it to AN but otherwise didn't think the sanuk scene was that great. I did like Saigon though and would like to go again.

Very scary. Was going to go to Nam myself this year, as part of my summer trip, but from what I've read on the board, I think I'll stay with what I know.

Look forward to reading the next part.

Yeah, word on the street is Vietnam is a really really tough place. I get my hair cut by a vietnese lady. She told me if you go to Vietnam, watch your luggage at the airport because people will try to steal it. I imagine as long as the people in thailand decide not to kill the "golden goose" countries like Vietnam and even the Philipines will not be visited by fun seekers. Getting jacked isn't a good vacation experience =(

No it doesn't happen on a regular basis. You just have to be careful and use common sense like anywhere else. I think it just is more common then in Thailand.

Shall be checking out Vietnam in May '03. Not really a sanuk trip (save that for the way back) - more err... educational I s'pose. I like an edge. Now where's that SA80...?

Well, I also had 2 trips through Vietnam, one North to South and one the other way and they were both excellent and trouble-free - though the last was about 7 years ago! Has it really changed that much for the worse?

Beautiful country, beautiful women, still somewhere that I would like to live and work.

LG

Archived