what kind of thais do we see on thai TV?

pattaya127

pattaya127

>I am just impressed at the depth of this forum. referring to members with knowledge of the workings of thai society who do not post a lot (too bad) but can really pop out of the woodwork and make significant contributions to a topic. How many of you out there? Think, if all of you posted more often, the forum would move up way up there, what with real knowledge and less feuding about semantics and Bg antics...

Because there are few people giving the kind of comments and perspectives like me on the relationship threads.

I wish I could contribute more here. But it seems to me that these kind of thread always have knowledgeble members giving their valuable comments so my comments are not really needed. When I see there are replies that I think they are correct and if I don't have much time I don't post on the thread. Hope you understand.

Stonesoup has provided a good info. I just wanted to add that many game shows on tv have young Thai actors/actresses because the producers want to have good rating and to attract viewers. About 10-15 years ago there were many game shows that had 'normal' people on tv to compete. But since the business has not been that good any more they changed the tactic.

One of the things Thai producers always think is that they think that most Thais want to see 'happy' or 'beautiful' things on tv eg. young good looking actors/actresses, beautiful wardrobes, nice big house, ect. to brush away their 'real' hard life for an hour or two. So, naturally, what it fits to this is a story of wealthy family, right? And it works for the most parts. People like the soap. For people who don't, they watch something else on ITV or Channell 11.

Me? I don't watch soap at all. I used to but now I spend my time on this board or do something else.

GTG

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived