Thai banks interest rates?

Wot? Wot?? Did someone ask for savings deposit interest rates? What's that?

lol.

Well, I haven't looked at them for quite some time. I truly doubt they went up. Used to be 1& tp 1.5% for a savings account. If you could prove residency or work permit you could get it up to 2% at some banks.

Looks like consumer lending is going to bail out the banks. Specially the spate of credit card issuance. Think the average rate is between 17 and 18%. Nice spread? I truly wonder if they factored in default rates as the recent spate of credit card issuance isn't very old.

<<burp>>

0.5. - 1% only on a save account for farangs since about 2 years.

I remember Me a nice story 3 years ago on Bangkok Bank in BKK. A lady staff

told me that when i put now 1 Mio. Baht into my bankaccount, i will earn 13%!

"Oh very intersting i said to her, but I haven't 1 Mio. Baht at the moment, sorry."

Some weeks later the rates gone down to 1%...!!!!!!

THANKS for the link. I aim to be using the banks on a full time basis,from Phuket, in the next year and I am starting to get some plans together now. D.B where would some of us be without you on this board? WHEN the move happens I shall let ye know. All The Best .......... aussiejohn.

I put a bunch of money in Vanguard Ginnie Mae Fun. VFIIX. this fund is currently paying 6.4%. it should at least pay 5.75%. Maybe check out Ginnae Mae Funds. Good luck out there!

Archived