sex shows

trotsky2

I ran into a Quebec native in Chiang Mai last week. He indictated that he will be in BKK next week. He requested information on the freaky sex shows in BKK. I told him that Nana Plaza would have all the balloon popping, razor blade, frogs and fish, and lesbian action he is looking for. On my way back to the city I realized that this may not being going on anymore since the government has been cracking down on entertainment venues. What is the latest on this? I would like to give him some up to date info when he emails me in a few days.

There is nothing of that sort going on in NEP some of the bars have some topless girls some of the time and that is it.

You can still find these shows in the upstairs bars in Patpong but as many posts recently have advised you risk being seriously ripped off nowadays.

Stay away.............IMHO

Uniformguy

Long Gun used to be the place to go for a show. No frogs and such, but smoking cunts, lezbo show, balloon popping by pussy propelled darts? not too sleazy, safe, and some good looking gals to boot.

It seemed like they were immune to the crack down for a long time? but not anymore. The shows have been put on ice, often the girls don?t even go topless? let?s hope it?s just temporary.

You're quite right about being ripped off. Just last night I went with my GF and a friend of hers to see one of the shows in Patpong. It is not normally an area I frequent and yesterday did nothing to raise it up my list of favourites. Walking past one of the 2nd floor bars (Fire Cat) the tout outside informed us that drinks were 100 baht and there was no cover charge. We decided to take a look and it was cleaner than expected, though the girls dancing were no beauties. We were allowed to order drinks at a price of 100 baht and they were subsequently delivered before they decided to inform us that we also then needed to pay an extra charge of 200 baht per person to see the show. The reply to my respnse that the tout had told us that there was no cover charge was that he didn't work for the bar, was working on commission and had no right to say that. Hmmm !. Now, 200 baht is not a lot of money, but I disliked the underhanded way it was being "extracted" from us (not to mention the possibility that there may well be an even bigger trumped up bill further down the road).

I told the girl we would drink up and not watch the show. Couldn't do that either. Apparently we were already watching it. The overweight, older than average bar girls slightly swaying their hips to the music was a part of the show. I paid up making sure to collect all the coins (As well as the notes) off the tray as it was returned to me, and we left. Shan't be going back there again.

This is the case at specific bars at specific times but King's Group bars are generally safe (pressure from girls for lady drinks is a different matter).

I hit Queen's Castle II on a pretty regular basis, and have never had any problem.

It seems Firecat is notorious for this kind of business practice.... I have heard about this a dozen times by now!

In Patpong there are (or at least were a month ago) sex shows at "Queens Castle" [A bit unsure on the name though]. No beuties but no rip-offs either.

Straycat

"King's Group bars are generally safe (pressure from girls for lady drinks is a different matter)."

Ted,

You can say that again. The hard-sell lady-drink hassle in the King's bars is getting beyond a joke. I was in a couple last week and it was really boiling my blood. I was picking up my BG "friend" in QC2, so after she rolled up the pressure subsided a little, but before that and in the other KG bars, they (BGs, Mamas and checkbin girls...) were all over me like bulldogs on a pork chop frown.gif.

j

It really is true. And upstairs at those bars, there are piles of, shall we say, the less attractive ladies. Always seem to be on you first and more persistently.

But I have a new strategy. I just tell them in Thai that I've been here for a coupla' years and really don't want to have the same old conversation again (where you come from, etc) and that I want to drink alone. When done in a friendly way it works and no-one loses face or gets pissed off.

i had the same experience in an upstairs bar in patpong.

i refused to pay and tried to leave.

the heavies soon appeared,but i was adamant and said i would get the tourist police.

a stand-off assured,and in the end my girl paid 300 from her purse and we left.

i was a little angry with her for paying,but in the end i could'nt leave her out of pocket and paid her back.

so in the end,i had to pay the extra charge.

Archived