Trip Report - Sa - Part 2

BiaChang

Part 2

Wednesday 10 July, birthday for nong chai (younger brother) of Bia Chang, have work all day, but night comes, and party starts. Australian party not same as Thailand party. We have many people here at house of nong chai and family, fill 2 garbage bins with bottles, put ice on top, beer and wine cold and people drink. I drink little wine, taste OK, but not like beer. After party, Bia Chang drive home and stop for policeman. ?No problem? says Bia Chang. Policeman talk Bia Chang, and give him something to put in mouth, then take back and look. Then policeman send us home. Bia Chang tell me that thing in mouth tell policeman if drive and drink beer or whisky.

Thursday, we go to visit friend of Bia Chang. Lady 97 years. Very old lady, talks slow so I know what she say to us, and she talk very good to Bia Chang and me. When I make wai to her, she give wai for me. Later, we visit mama and papa of Bia Chang, and papa has papaya and paw-paw growing in his garden. He give me 2 green papaya and 1 paw-paw. So I ask Bia Chang if we can go to house of lady Thai married to man Australia, and we go. There was one moreThai lady there too, and we all made some som tam and other food, and had very much fun together. Big day for us, we go to bed early.

Friday, Bia Chang finish work early, and show me beaches. How many different beaches I can?t remember, but one I do remember Bia Chang tell me that one is 15 kilometres long. Look long way, can not see end. At one beach, we see man flying on (hang-glider ? BC), he fly around for long time, not fall. I think I can not do that. Then we go to another town maybe 40 kilometres away and go to Thai restaurant to eat. They tell me Bia Chang visit often, eat food from there.

Saturday, we start early. Have to get look chai Bia Chang (son) from place called Wombat. Name of animal for the place, strange name. We drive to Sydney, road goes long way, no villages, only see trees and rivers. Not look same from mountain last week. Sydney big place, Bia Chang say not like to drive there, but maybe 50 kilometres before we finish Sydney. After Sydney not many trees for maybe 1 hour, then some trees, but not same-same before Sydney. Get benzin (gas, petrol) for car then turn to small road. When near house for look chai I get out, wait for Bia Chang, he say can not take me to where look chai wait for him. I wait little time and Bia Chang bring look chai. Little boy look at me and he know me from photo, not like Bia Chang he forget. He ask ?where Nam Phueng?? (Honey, nickname of Sa?s daughter). She look sao (daughter) for me. We drive little way further, and stop at house belong man with Thai wife, have two daughters same (twins 15 YOA). We stay at this house Saturday night, Bia Chang bring 7 kilograms fish for them, can not get fish there.

Sunday, drive home again. Sit in car long time, stop in Sydney for maybe 1 hour for rest, talk with man, friend Bia Chang. Not very interesting day for me, but look chai like me very much, and this please him father.

Monday we sleep late, have day free. Bia Chang have no work so he take me to seafood market. Have many different fish there, but I see one that I want to buy. Big fish, colour red. Small one is 5 kilograms, cost $10.95 for 1 kilo. I have money to buy OK, but 5 kilos too much for 2 of us and little boy. Bia Chang say that it is up to me, so I think better get small fish I know taste good, not big fish I not know. Also get goong (prawns, shrimp) for tom yum. Have everything else I need for tom yum in garden. I make tom yum not spicy for little boy, add little bit chilli for Bia chang, and more chilli for me.

Tuesday, still school holiday. We go supermarket and there is slide for children in car park, look chai play there and is happy very much. Bia Chang go for work, and come back say car has to go clinic, is mai sabai (not well?). We go to clinic, wait for man to look at car, and he say has to have car tomorrow, long time. I have to go to airport Thursday, this might be no good for me if car not ready go Sydney. I have visa 2 weeks only, no extension permitted. Bia Chang say if I not leave on time, next visa not easy to get. Now I thinking very much (worry). Bia Chang give me big surprise tonight, cook dinner, good dinner too. Not spicy, but tasty, and healthy. Maybe I surprise him later tonight?

Kup khun ka to people say good about me before, I hope you like this. I write letter to Bia Chang when I go home and he can give to you too. Tell about last 2 days here in Australia.

Sorry guys, I didn?t meet my self-imposed deadline of Monday night, but better late than never.

After keying the above, I don?t really want to key too much more, but there are a few things that I should tell you. The ?big fish, colour red? is a red emperor, not often available here. I would have liked to try it, but the price put Sa off so I let her decide. And I got a pleasant surprise with her decision.

Some more pics on the URL, a little bit more flattering, but Sa is very difficult to photograph and get to appear as she really is.

The car problem? Probably irrelevant to Sa?s narrative, but it is a necessary repair. A part of the front right disc brake calliper has seized, and while the car is safe to drive for the time being, I take no chances with precious cargo.

?nuff said

BiaChang

"After party, Bia Chang drive home and stop for policeman. ?No problem? says Bia Chang. Policeman talk Bia Chang, and give him something to put in mouth..." blush.gif

Thank god it was just a breathalyser and not a cop who was "bent" in more ways than one. You had me sweating there for a moment.

j wink.gif

There seems to be a difference between us (Sa and me) right now, and I have no clue of what she is upset about.

Never mind, if she is trying to manipulate me mentally, there are another half-dozen Thai ladies waiting in the wings, one eager to visit very soon.

I gave Sa the first bite because I have known her for a long time, and have always liked her.

I will naturally keep you all informed.

BiaChang

Archived