Why Some Gals Go Without Condems

New Petchburi Pete

FWIW,

A previosly banned poster stated that nonoxynol-9 kills HIV in laboratory tests.

I read recently that that is absolutely FALSE! Initially the tests looked hopeful but after further testing the theory proved false. It does NOTHING to the HIV virus.

It was a news item on from of the major Internet sources, but can't remember which one. Fox, MSNBC, something like that.

Normally wouldn't care, but this kind of wrongheaded information can be deadly.

PhordPhan

Pathetic lech, bon vivant and

all-around nice guy.

cool.gif" border="0

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.-While I always insist on using a condom, I'm a bit surprised at the number of girls who offer to go bareback. If I take longer than they want to come, I more often than not get the offer to go without. I suspect that If the girl likes you(relative term), she is more likely to go without.

2.-A few days ago I had a bunch of girls over my place using my computer to access the net. I was helping them with their E-mails(the blind leading the blind.) There were a lot of punters sending E-mails to them reminding them to always use condoms with everybody else but them. Each girl had 2 or 3 that seemed to be under the mistaken impression that they were the only ones the girls would go bareback with. There's a lot of awfully naive people in Sanukland. tongue.gif" border="0

Originally posted by New Petchburi Pete:

"Genital herpes can be transmitted by someone even if she is apparantly clean. Once the bareback rider gets infected, there is no

cure."

If I'm not mistaken, the genital herpes virus (HSV2), which is particularly small, can even seep through the pores of a condom. There's no cure, only the duration and severity of an outbreak can be shortenend.

[ June 26, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

The "why do they not always use condoms" question is one I've been doing research on (real research, not the hobbyist version) in Thailand and elsewhere.

Not surprisingly, there are several reasons. Foremost is money. Many girls believe that if they forego condoms, which they know most guys are not especially fond of, they'll get that guy's repeat business. They also know that some guys will pay more for BB sex, and many girls will accept such offers. Another group of more hardened types go BB because they say that their customers cum more quickly, getting them back out to find another customer more quickly.

Drugs and alcohol is another theme we heard repeatedly. Many of the girls get so wasted that they end up going along with anything. Judgment goes to hell, and usually their customer is just as wasted.

Fatalism is a third theme, especially in Thailand. Some girls express a "whatever will happen, will happen" attitude, and don't feel any concern for themselves or their futures. So their attitude toward condom use is "up to you."

A fourth theme is ignorance. There's still a subset of girls who believe that they can tell an infected from a non-infected person by his character, or at least by giving his dick a careful checking-out (just as there are punters who believe they have the same ability). Some engage in magical thinking and don't believe they're at risk. Others are utterly ignorant of the risks.

There are other factors as well, but it comes down to poverty, ignorance, and stupidity (often the drug/alcohol induced version). Never, in over 1200 interviews, has a girl suggested she chose not to have her partner use a condom because she was in love. That's a john's conceit.

I have read that newer studies indicate that Nonoxynol-9 actually increases the risk of HIV infection because it is irritating to the vaginal lining and causes little tears in it.

Also, from what I've read, the risk of a man catching HIV from an infected woman is extremely small--on the order of 1 in 8000. The risk of a woman getting it from a man is 1 in 1000, and a lot lower if you don't come inside her.

Me personally, though, I always wear a condom.

I have on 3 ocasions had girls not wanting me to

use a condom, one siad it made her pussy sore

and two other's siad they did not like the smell.

On the smell thing I was using trojan brand with an

anti spermacide.

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:

To Mikey and KM11Fan,

I really hope you catch something a little more serious. Nothing life treatening but enough to knock a bit of sense into you.

Thank you so much.

While hardly a newbie to Thailand, I am a newbie on this board. I'm here to make friends, not enemies.

From reading this board everyday for two weeks I can conclude that there are a lot of hypocrites here.

At the last count this board has 1145 members, do you really think km11fan and I are the only ones whom engage in regular sex without a condom? By chastising those who are honest you are in effect alienating the others who now will probably now remain silent on the issue. The end result is that we'll never know the answer to the original question that started this thread.

As far as the no condom issue is concerned, I am taking a big risk, I know that, but for me, and I guess a lot of other guys, my little man does not want to play once he dons a condom. This is psychological, and not an easy problem to fix. For every girl with whom I have had sex, I have also been with the same number of girls with whom I didn't.

Now to the hypocrites. Why do I see no one condemning those members who engage in BBBJ's? Posts concerning this pass time are free-for-alls containing much ammunition for the likes of Roger. From my experience, oral infections are much easy to catch than the genital variety.

I've caught oral thrush from simply kisses girls in bars. Tell me Roger, should members refrain from this pass-time also?

Roger, you're so worried about the health of your fellow sanukers, what about the health of the ladies? I know of many ladies whom have internal problems due to the constant sexual activity night after night. Condom use is not a factor in this. Tell me Roger, are you going to chastise men with big dicks, or men whom like to fuck for hours? Or maybe it's just us sanukers that are affected by your moral obligation?

We may not like to admit it but these ladies are often a means to an end for us.

To help us understand this place we must be honest with each other, expose the good with the bad. Criticism is fine, but riding high on ones moral horse sometimes has the effect of alienating others, and from them we hear nothing. It's easy to judge and condemn, but does that get us any closer to the truth?

hi, km11fan here, been banned for posting on too many areas (?).

yes, i have been lucky. i have had a lot of sex, more in the past than now. i used to get a different door knocker or two (girls that come around and knock on the apartment door) everyday, and there was a year where i had nsu about every 6 weeks. i got tired of the thai attitude and bad service, haven't had anything since i stopped taking thais about a year and a half ago. i haven't had any sex since i got back fron phnom penh 3 1/2 months ago, but that will change in two weeks. i usually try 3-4 girls at km11 before taking one to the hotel, jump her every four hours. i've never caught anything in cambodia. check <www.nexusmagazine.com>, scroll down to 'past articles of interest', click on 'the yin and yang of hiv'.

i was banned for offering to send phnom penh and km11 info and english/vietnamese translations to anyone that sends an email to <cambofan@hotmail.com>. go figure.

Archived