alternative to GP

Pablo666

""read earlier posts about Federal and Stable Lodge....anyone? ""

Stayed at the Stable Lodge last sept. No room safes, no bathtubs, some rooms are starting to look their age, pool, good restuarant, friendly helpful staff, central location for Sukh', price around 850.

Would be happy to stay there again.

http://www.theresidencegarden.com/

Nice place, not as big of course as GP. Location same distance, I'd estimate walking equal walk to Thermae from GP, this place to South Bar district. There is transportaion in Pattaya, "baht bus" which is a pick up truck with benchs.

Good resturant, quality in details like pool and furniture. I think the bed a futon, might check that detail if matters to you. I may have that wrong, check.

I've not stayed there myself, just inspected for reference point. I prefer Soi 7/8 hotel vs. this and/or GP type.

have a nice trip.

Nok

I had no problem with my date. And in fact I can't see why there would be because there doesn't appear to be any real checks made, it has a very big lobby with lots of peope milling around. The 6250 rate for a double was in the main building. I think the weekly rate for the Tower Wing was about 2000bht more.

Nok, Pablo, Jimmy,

I've also toured the Residence Suites in Pattaya,but have not stayed there. Very nice facilities, pool and all you can eat BBQ for, for I believe, B280. However, it is a bit of a sweaty, dusty walk up from 2nd. Road on the way to Jomtien. At night, it is a given to take a mortobibe taxi or a baht bus. Another alternative would be the Mark-Land Hotel on Beach Rd. and Soi1. High rise condo type accommodations in the price range of the GP. You can find on many online Asia travel sites or do a google search. I reckon so.

I travel almost every month and I find Ambassador the best hotel around in this area - close to CEP/NP/SC/BeerGarden and BTS. It is also a decent place to stay if you are on a business trip also.

No hassales with your TG as long your room is double. The tower wing rooms are far better than the main wing. You can get an weekly rate for the Tower wing for a double with breakfast for around bhat 12,000 through Asia travel.

vinod

I stayed at the Ambassador three weeks ago and paid 1000 per night inc buffet break for two. The Federal wanted 1000 with no breakfast. I had to book this thru one of the agencies in the food court I think it was Star line travel. The room was in the main wing they wanted 1450 for a tower room thru the agency and 1600 walk in. Not great TV reception or choice reasonable bathroom but a great bed much better than the federalIMO and furniture a little tired but ok for the money.

If you book a single here you get a twin room usually the prices quoted above are for a double and we had no trouble going in or out and my GF was never stopped when on her own foing in or out.

Archived