alternative to GP

Pablo666

I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I'm looking for a decent hotel 800-1000 baht range around Suk. Usually I stay at GP but this time need something cheaper - with a pool would be great too...read earlier posts about Federal and Stable Lodge....anyone?

Actually, I don't think the issue has been beaten to death yet:) hotels and staff/amenities can change, so best to stay updated, you can also check out World in on Soi 7/1 not sure about a pool though...if in a real pinch, Thai House Inn off off Soi 7, around the corner from the beer garden, about 500 bht/night, very basic, but clean and no hassles.

I too would like to find another GP, may be just have a choice of places to go, but the fact that is constantly referenced as the 'benchmark' to compare all others against says it proberly is the better place to stay.

The things that count for it in my book are:

1. Been there before (so I know it)

2. Cost is not to bad, when you look at the prices elsewhere in the world.

3. Consistant (Good) Guest Policy

4. ROOM SAFES (I sleep sounder with strangers in the room with this one)

5. Limo and packaged services.

What I would like some advice on is that this trip (14th time) I am heading for Pattaya for the first time, is there a GP clone there, same level of comfort, same price, same policies, etc, etc. I plan not to book ahead, is this a good/bad idea this time of year?

I don't know what people have against the Ambassador. Earlier in the year I got a weekly rate there for 6250 baht.

That was the walk in offer for a double room without breakfast. I believe that you can do better than that from

an agency. I thought the room I had was OK except that there was a week long carnival or something going on in the square and it was very noisy until I moved rooms.

It has a great swimming pool which was always nearly empty.

It is within easy reach of soi 3 and it is possible to walk to Soi Cowboy. It is within easy reach of the skytrain. I don't want to sound like a walking advert for that hotel but previously I have stayed at the Royal Asia on Soi 8 and the Ambassador is miles better than that and at the weekly rate cheaper also.

What do others think?

Phomdtamsabai

I've never stayed at the GP but stayed at the Ambassador l11 months ago and found it quite nice.I paid 1200bht per night

incl b/fast.Planning on staying there again in October but might book for a week if I can get that 6250bht rate.No problem with the girls.Is this still the same?

Stayed at the park hotel on soi7 opposite the biergarten 1000 bht a night but found it a bit of a dump.Won't be going back!

I stayed at the Ambassador Hotel in mid June and had no problem bringing a date to my room. I stayed in the tower wing and paid $33 per night including breakfast for two. Besure to make your reservation for 2 persons.

Archived