accomodation

jerpat

Hi,

Without meaning to break any board rules on advertising, I run the hotelpricechecker site mentioned and am glad you managed to save money using it! It's only just gone up so it's not complete yet, either in terms of travel agencies compared or hotels listed (suggestions for either welcomed and they should be added fairly quickly - my email is in my profile). Prices are (hopefully) updated once a week.

I found it surprising what a difference there can be, even within the same travel agent for different locations - asiatravel.com, for instance, seems to be one of the most expensive places in general to book your hotel in Bangkok but it's relatively much cheaper for Singapore.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Hoteltravel.com and their prices are very compeititve and service is very quick and efficient. I even managed to make a booking via fax less than 48 hours before arrival in BKK.

Sawadee.com also had very good prices but were fully booked the 2 times I tried to book through them.

Asiarooms.com seem to be slightly cheaper but they never replied to my queries the one time I tried them.

Ghafar

Archived