sending stuff back from LOS

thefezman

Wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. I bought 8 football shirts a few weeks ago and sent them back to England from the thai post office in Pattaya, total value maybe 3000bht. They never got home, why? My friend sent back 170 phone cases the same way, they did get back. Was I just unlucky? I know the football shirts were branded but never thought customs would stop them because there was only 8 shirts there. I was told with UPS, they guarentee the goods get home but its expensive. Anybody got any experience with this???

cheers

thefezman

I am assuming this was to the UK.

If customs seized them they will send a letter to the mailing address saying so.The letter states that if you believe they were wrong you can take them to court.

thefezman--

If you used the Thai Postal System (and chose the EMS system) you would have been given an orange receipt with a tracking #.. When your goods arrived into the UK (@LHR) the Royal Mail would enter this # into their (UK) system. Currently the Thai Post does not allow for tracking of any EMS mail.

If it was seized IN Thailand (for some insane reason) then you (in theory) should get a letter/card/phonecall from the Thai customs telling you why it was seized. In Thailand goods seized are (generally) not returned to shippers unless a thai court gives permission.

If it was seized in the UK, then you would get a letter from the Royal Mail telling you about this and what your remedy optioins (if any) are.

UPS (United Parcel Service) services are NOT available at ANY thai post office within the Kindgom. The only way to access our services is to gave your pacakge to a UPS authorized agent, or a UPS facility directly.

I'd take a look at the receipt that was given to you at the time you mailed it..

If you have an EMS receipt, go back to the post office (in Thailand) that you originally mailed it to file a tracer and ask questions.

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

...sent them back to England from the thai post office in Pattaya, total value maybe 3000bht. They never got home, why?...[/QB]

I had a problem like this also and thought the package had been lost or stolen.

However, the package did eventually arrive about 6 weeks later after I had given up hope of ever seeing it again.

Although I had paid for air mail, the package was sent via surface mail, thus the delay. Hope your package arrives safely.

Eventually.

Archived