buying land for my son

Hi all,

Is it possible to buy land and register it using my 5 year-old son's birth certificate? He's half Thai half farang, has a Swedish passport and surname, and was born in Thailand. I don't think I trust my Thai wife enough to register it on her name.

cheers

apart from having a swedish passport does he have thai nationality?

>I don't think I trust my Thai wife enough to register it on her name. <

just curious, but why did you marry her?

You need to provide more details, what type of title (if any) the land currently has.

Most common practice and probably the least complicated is having the land registered in your wife's name and you take out a lease. If you are really serious about maintaining control of the property you will definitely need the help of a lawyer and register any agreements with the provincial land office.

Don?t mean to contradict whosyourdaddy but I?d be very surprised if such a loophole as a five year old luuk krung (half Thai half farang) taking title exists or would hold up in court if contested. Especially where a true chanoot title is involved.

Fly, I think that most Thai GF/wives are worthy of trust on their own it is their families and other outside influences a farang needs to protect investments from. Blood being thicker than water, some TGs can make very foolish moves based on pressures placed on them by family or maybe a Thai lover.

I think putting some stumbling blocks such as a lease in their way, even if it would not hold up in court, can be helpful to protect a Thai GF/wife from making a foolish move.

At the end of the day if she is determined to fuck up let her have it and walk away.

I'm not the first one to tell you and probably not the last.

I'm just trying to open your eyes for more important issues.

Why minding about buying land if you have a wife that you don't trust?

I suggest you take care of that problem first.

Archived