Accomadation at Xmas

I am visiting Pattaya for three days De21-Dec24 and need to know if it is advisable to book in advance or will walk in be readily available. I am looking for something around 500-700 baht. Thanks Daz.

It is advisable to book.

Normally I never book a hotel in advance (especially if I've never stayed there before), because I prefer to shop around, and have a flexible plan. However, places like Pattaya and Phuket are high priced and fully booked at that time of year, so you should arrange something.

And as it's only for three nights be prepared to budget a little higher. I'd say 1000 baht but maybe more because of Xmas tax. Normally I'd fight to get my room for 500-700 baht but that would be for 30 nights, and 3 x ~500 baht is not worth ruining a stay for.

Hi!

I'm with the others on this, make sure you have a room booked. With only three days you don't wan't spend hours looking for a place to stay. I have been there several tims during xmas/new year and all hotells I usually stay at have always been booked solid at least a month a head. As another poster said, you'll always find somewhere to stay but it could well be a shithole far out of town.

Another thing to watch out for is the mandatory xmas dinners/"gala luncheons". Some hotels use this as a way to raise their price for a day during xmas/new year. For a short stay as yours it may not make much difference but personally I regard

it as a scam to be forced to pay for a dinner that I don't want.

regards

ALHOLK

Ok it's quite obviouse I need to book. I am going to put myself in the hands of fellow board members now. I haven't got a clue as far as Pattaya goes so someone out there tell me where I should stay for three days/nights Dec 21-Dec 24. I want to book soon so come on lads give me some advice, after all thats what the board's for isn't it?? I don't want anything flash, just clean and tidy and guest freindly. Come on lads tell me where I should stay. no come backs,

Daz.

Daz et al, I'll be watching this thread as well with interest as well as getting my own arse into gear on the booking front. I've just had my booking request for 24 - 29 Dec bounced from the Residence Gardens. No room at the inn.

Hi!

I don't know what class of hotel you are looking for. I have booked at the Bay Breeze. It is very basic and slightly run down but has everything I need such as A/C, TV, fridge etc. The staff are mostly friendly and the location is good IMO. If you are used to high class hotels like Sheraton etc. you might not be happy here though.

Another hotel in that area tha some friends like is Skaw Beach.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi,

You might want to try the Mike hotel, situated on the Second Road but with entrances on both Beach Road and 2nd road. It is close to South Pattaya Road, 3 minutes walk from Walking Street.

I don't have an email address but their phone number is 66 038 422222-9.

Their standard room is around 700 baht although it may go up a little at Christmas.

The hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable as they have recently been decorated.

It's reasonable for the price you are hoping to pay.

Good luck.

Archived