Accomadation at Xmas

Bay Breeze had a manadatory new years dinner the last time I stayed there. However it's only 200 baht extra if I remember correctly. They do provide food but you could probably get better food on the street for 25 baht. frown.gif

The other hotels I don't know as I have never stayed at them in the winter.

Hi!

It should be easier to find a room by then. However last winter when I was there some hotels were still full at that time. Diana Inn for one is probably booked solid throught January.

If you know what hotel you want to stay in it might save you some hassle to book in advance. If your not choosy you probabaly won't have problem finding a room.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

Check the rates first. When I wanted to book for xmas this summer they suddenly quoted a ridiculous price if I wanted to stay on one of the higher floors. That's why I booked at the Bay Breeze. In the summer I will probably stay at the Intown again though.

regards

ALHOLK

I never book in advance and I never had a problem finding a room, what time of year ever. The main advantage for not booking is, that you see first what you get. And it is usually possible to negotiate an upgrade to a better room (bigger size, better view etc.).

But, if you want to stay on the safe side, then book in advance.

I also had no luck with the Residence Inn. Another place I tried that was booked was The Cottage.

Finally I was able to get a Superior room at the Sabai Lodge for 1350 baht. The rate is a typical markup since the Sabai Lodge often charges around 900 - 1000 baht. The Sabai Lodge is on Soi 2 just down from Big C, Soi 2 Beer Bars and Classroom 2000. I have stayed here previously and was pleased.

Archived