Ways to improve Bangkok Countdown..

steffi

Firstly, get rid of the incredibly boring iTV presenters who's only interest is spouting out sponsors names for the television viewing public. Find someone who's genuinely interested in entertaining the crowd. This whole, man and woman double act on stage is utterly boring and it's time has come already.

Secondly, Thaksin should stay home and let the entertainers perform during the time he was given. Khun Mos was the headline act and he looked a little disappointed when after the stroke of midnight folks started to want to move on after having waited in the crowds for so long. Feature the headline act before midnight in future.

Try to ensure that there is a way to get out of the beer gardens when you come out of World Trade Center. The Heiniken beer garden was like a death trap last night with very few exits. I don't know how many safety violations there were but it was very hard to get anywhere since there was no attempt to control the crowd.

Thirdly consider asking the hotels such as The Anorma to allow partiers to exit via their grounds instead of requiring that they only be allowed to go up and down Rajadamri to exit the area.

Lastly, don't put food vendors where there are large crowds try to leave the area. It only makes crowd dispersion more difficult and dangerous.

quote:

Originally posted by steffi:

Try to ensure that there is a way to get out of the beer gardens when you come out of World Trade Center. The Heiniken beer garden was like a death trap last night with very few exits. I don't know how many safety violations there were but it was very hard to get anywhere since there was no attempt to control the crowd.

You were there, huh? Other than the negatives you pointed out, how was this event? Many farangs in attendance? Bands, drunks, etc.

I know they had traffic detoured a several block radium around the WTC last night. What a big mess. It took me nearly an hour to get via taxi from Wireless Road to Suk23. I should have taken the BTS, but I had a lot of stuff including champagne to schlep. A normal 50 - 60 baht taxi ride was nearly 150 baht.

Archived