Anyone read 'Minor Wife"

The new Christopher G Moore novel, called Minor Wife has been advertised as coming out in December. Has anyone read or even seen a copy yet ? I asked in Bookazine and they didn't know much about it.

quote:

Originally posted by The Mad Stockbroker:

The new Christopher G Moore novel, called Minor Wife has been advertised as coming out in December. Has anyone read or even seen a copy yet ? I asked in Bookazine and they didn't know much about it.

Hopefully the delay is because the arrogant, tightarsed author has finally decided to pay someone to proofread and edit his work rather than insult his audience again by asking them to pay B500 for the usual sloppy, error-riddled stuff.

LG

Long Gun,

I gather your not a fan of his writing... smile.gif" border="0

I just looked at his website and didn't see any information on any delays so I would expect the book to have already been released....

Sanukboot.

quote:

Originally posted by SanukBoot:

I gather your not a fan of his writing...
smile.gif" border="0

No, on the contrary, I enjoy his books and own several. I just get very pissed off by his attitude that they are going to sell anyway so why should he waste a few baht getting someone to make sure that they are actually ready to be unleashed on the public! No wonder he can't get a deal in the US.

Rather than improving, this has actually got worse over time - 'Chairs' was absolutely disgraceful in this respect, virtually every other page has got mistakes, some of which may just be nitpicking but some of which seriously interfere with its readability.

LG

Didn't buy Chairs so can not comment on that one but I thought the spelling mistakes were getting fewer with more recent editions; agreed the first few books were pretty awful in that regards but more or less a good read. Couldn't understand why Trink was so lenient in his reviews, re the mistakes!

Agreed here. Having met him at a number of completely wanky 'loveies' evenings (god knows why I was invited to them in the first place, but i'm glad I never went 'upstairs' - if you know what I mean)... I can only state that his work is not worth the toilet paper it's printed on.

Archived