Utterly confused

My knowledge of the Thai language is a good question. I just don't know where it is. Apologies for no Thai fonts, not in Thailand and down right computer stupid. Example: Trying to translate a Thai song yesterday and am totally lost. I know the meaning of the words individually but in phrases I am absolutely Fu*^(B clueless. Here we go, the name of the song is "Ja ao jaak nai hai tur" Spelling--Ja-like will, should/future tense, ao-want, would like jaak-away, from, nai-where, which, hai--give, for and tur-pronoun. Does it mean I should go far away from her. Any ideas would be wonderful

Hi, it's not specific enough just as a title, and without knowing the full context of the song it's hard to answer accurately. But it probably means something like...

He's already given her all that he can give, but she wants more and he asks 'where can I get what she wants' when he doesn't know... ja aow jak nai.. 'from where can I get it?' .. Where can he find possibly an elusive need or emotion that she requires. Quite typical of a Thai song - lovelorn and distraught...

Cheers,

FF

BTW, Who is the song by?

Unless I'm wrong on the context, "Ja ao jaak nai hai tur" translates best into

where am I going to get what she wants?

If it in a Thai love song and the person saying it is deperate as in "If I can't get it she's lost to me forever", it would be more like "where (or how) - in God's name - am I going to give her what she wants?

The tape was given to me by my girlfriend--thongchai

I gave her the lyrics to recopy because they are written in those annoying Thai fonts (the ones you see in adverts). She copied two into normal fonts. Problemo is that I can't put it onto the computer in Thai fonts. I work from the internet cafe and reckon it is impossible to get it to work since most of the crap is in Chinese.

"Ja ao jaak nai hai tur"

Ja ao = I'll take

jaak nai = from where

hai tur = give you (tur being 'you' used between sweethearts)

So putting it all together you get something along the lines of, "From where can I get it to give to you?"

The question is obviously what's the hidden 'it' that he's talking about. Knowing Thai songs he is probably talking about his love or feelings, especially since he's talking to a chick. I'd have to listen to the song but perhaps the singer means that he can no longer feel love and affection so he therefore has nothing to give to the girl. Awww! =)

Archived