2 bed, teak wood, luxury apt for rent. Suk Soi 10

My Cow Jai

Hello all,

I have to leave Bangkok and return to where I originally come from in Thailand. I am leaving behind a veritable Sanuk Palace on Sukhumvit Soi 10.

It?s 50 meters into the Soi on the left hand side. Its surprisingly quiet for being so close to the Suk. For those who don?t know where Soi 10 is, its right opposite Clinton plaza and Thermae and is a bitchingly great inner Sukhumvit location. Its right in the middle of the action.

The flat is very spacious with good atmosphere and the girls just love it. Its very good value for the location, size and price - expats will know this from reading what follows. It took me ages to find and I am gutted in someways to give it up.

The Apartment.

170 square meters. Very bright, breezy and pleasant, with wall to wall windows on both sides of the apartment ? they have mosquito screens for when the glass is opened. 3 Air conditioners. I never really used them in the living room as you can usually get a nice breeze from the windows. Dimmable (shagging!) spot lights sunk into the ceiling in all bedrooms and living and dining rooms.

2 Balconies, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Dining Room, 1 Large Living Room, 1 Kitchen, 2 toilets, 1 small storage room, Private parking, Gated security to the small 6 apt complex, guards (these guys are great ? they warn you if one of your girls is waiting for you ? very handy if you?ve got the 2nd one with you!)

First balcony is big, 7.5 by 1.5 meters.

Second Balcony is 4 by 1 metre and also acts as a walkway to a second Thai style toilet.

Living Room 9 x 6m, Teak Arches with nice bookshelves and teak floor boards. Air Con. 2 sofas.

Open Dining Room 3 x 2.5m serving hatch thru to the kitchen. Door to 2nd balcony

Kitchen 1.5m x 3.5 m, marble tops with sunk in gas cooker, big fridge, extractor fan, two windows, with mosquito nets. Overlooks landladys big garden.

Bedroom #1. 3.5 x 6m. Teak floored. Door out to big balcony. Air Con

Bedroom #2. 5 x 6m. Semi-partitioned sleeping and getting dressed areas. Wall to wall cupboards. Teak floored. Huge mirror on the wall, above bed smile.gif . Air Con

Bathroom. 4m x 3.5m Toilet, bidet, bath/shower, 2 basins, girls dressing table/mirror too. (The other Thai style toilet accessible from small balcony)

Close Neighborhood Amenities.

The close amenities are; all the bars on Soi 10 and that corner, 5 minutes walk to Nana BTS and Nana Plaza itself smile.gif. 5 minutes to Asok BTS, 8 minutes to Soi Cowboy. Robinsons, McDonalds, Tops Supermarket less than 4 minutes. Thermae and Clinton Plaza is right opposite the end of the soi. The best Malaysian/Indian food cafée on the Suk is 2 minutes walk. 2 places to do your laundry 2 minutes walk away. 7-11 is 3 minutes. Times Square is 5 minutes walk. Its right in the middle of the Sukhumvit action.

20,000 Baht a month plus bills - usually an extra 2,500 with water and electricity. Optional maid. For this size and style on the very inner suk, this is a very good deal. I have seem much worse places for 30-40k. If anyone is interested please PM me. It will cost 60,000 to move in - deposit 30,000 + 1.5 months rent i.e. another 30. Please don?t ask questions or string me out on this if your not 100% serious about it and the financial obligations.

It?s a really great flat with a lot of character. It loves bar girls and bar girls love it more. I have really enjoyed living there. Somebody please do it justice.

Regards,

Sure wish I had an excuse to stay in BKK for more than a month or two a year.......this would be gone in a heartbeat!!!

Maybe the board should take this one and make it available to members only on a monthly basis. Hell of a promo KS.

I'll take November....

Grab it guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I've seen this place. Very nice it was too. Only didn't take it up because they wanted me to lease for longer than I'd thought I'd stay.

But a real "sanuk palace" would surely have a chute where you could quickly and safely dispose of the first bar girl while the second came up, wouldn't it?

Awww, you've got me designing the perfect sanuk palace in my mind again.. :p

Archived