Go-Go Bar Base Salaries Question

Savittre

Hi,

I haven't a lot of time, but this IS on my mind, so I'll go ahead with the post-

To quote from jjshushi-' it can be interpreted from your post that you and her are not boyfriend and girlfriend'

jjshushi- I just don't know how to label the relationship. I know how it started out, but I don't know what it is now. She acts more like a 'girlfriend', in Western terms anyway, by the way she dresses and so on.. I wonder if she said 'NO' when I asked if I'd have to pay bar to be more like a GF than a BG, knowing all the time the shit would hit the fan when she went back to work..

quote from jjsushi- she may in some way feel "shortchanged". That of course is her fault for not being clear with you about her expectations and possibly a bit of naivetee on your part about the context of your relationship with her.

YES! If it was clearer to me where we stood, I'd be able to handle the situation more accurately.

quote from jjsushi- IMO if you paid the barfine(or gave her the money for the barfine) in addition to giving her the 3000bt her attitude may have been different towards you.

But she said clearly there was no barfine to be paid. I'm 100% clear about that.

quote from jjsushi- You say that you don't want to "overpay" her but let's be honest what you decide to pay is based on the value that YOU place on her services and company, not what the bar pays her in salary.

I understand your point, I'd just like to say that what I want to pay is the, generally speaking, correct amount. I mean, an amount of money that will leave her smiling, but OTOH there are guys out there who may not have a lot of cash but do like a lady's company, and overpaying makes it more difficult for them by pushing up ladies expectatations. So when I say 'correct' I mean a correct balance between these two factors.

I'm not sure what the difference is between a 'service girl' and a 'hello girl'. ????

quote from cmlight1- 'I think you shortchanged your friend and I am not surprised that she was unhappy, but the board rules do not allow me to comment further'

Yes, I have tried to handle this situation correctly, and a nagging feeling that I made a mistake regarding her is why I brought the subject up. In any case, correcting the mistake simply requires a bit of cash, so that's not too complicated! smile.gif

BTW, she has been working at a new place since last Monday, so she was only out of work for 5 days. I have phoned her 3 or 4 times, she's always *very very* happy to get my calls, plus we e-mail almost daily. So she's apparently not so unhappy that she wants to see no more of me (and/or my wallet)

cmlight1, if you have something more you want to say, you can send me an e-mail if you want, but your statement that 'board rules do not allow me to comment further' makes me wonder if you just want to flame me.

So, if you do choose to e-mail, let it be from an understanding on your part that I have tried to treat this lady properly. As I said to her during our time together 'I'm not stingy'. She vehemently agreed. Anyway, cmlight1, if you do have a contribution you can make to my knowledge, and you want to e-mail me, or PM me (if allowed), you're more than welcome.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you underpaid her. If she was a good companion, 1000 per day and bfs should be around right. Entertainment in addition.

Barfine not needed? She may have thought she'd fix it up afterwards with your money. She made a loss here. Sure that is not what you wanted. Send her 10K and be nice to her next time.

Well, the general mood of this thread is that I have made a mistake.

I accept that, and thank you all for your input, because I don't like to make mistakes and your guidance has helped me recognize this, so now I can correct it. That will make me very happy, and no doubt her too.

quote from think_too_mut- 'Send her 10K and be nice to her next time.'

The money thing is easy to fix. But underpaying her, as it seems I have, was not to be bad to her!!!! I've known her for a long time, and have always been especially nice to her. And she knows that and wouldn't hesitate to say so, she's always telling me, plus which we wouldn't be seeing each other after all this time if we weren't happy with each other. I'm not 'the bad guy' here, just someone who has made an honest mistake. Without blaming her, if she had been clearer about her expectations, this would definitely not have happened!!

You can figure for yourself- if I'd just wanted to stiff the lady, would I have sought the advice of all you guys as to whether or not I'd treated her right?? smile.gif

All will be well in the end.

Hi Guys,

I've been rolling this around in the back of my mind today. I speak not from a financial standpoint here, but from a standpoint of what's right and what's wrong- the same motivation that prompted me to start this thread.

Point one- I asked her up front on the first day if I would have to pay bar. She said 'no'. If that wasn't true, was it I who spoke? And if she wasn't sure (highly unlikely, I think) then she should have sorted it out, IMO

Point two- She says she has salary of 6000 Baht per month and doesn't go with customers. Again, if that wasn't true (if, for example, she DOES go with customers and is used to making way more than 6000 per month) then again I've been misinformed. Was it I who spoke?

Point three- With me, she got half a month off work, plus went to nice restaurants, saw shows, etc., did things she'd never do on her own. I took her to Pattaya for a few days, she'd never been there and really enjoyed the visit. Then on top of it all, I'm compensating her a bit more than fully for the time she took off- paying her holiday pay, so to speak.

If she had a problem with her employer (and BTW, she'd been doing a lot of complaining about her boss, and also said there was plenty of work to be had around her neighborhood) then speaking fairly, wasn't it up to her and her management to to get it straight from the outset? Let me quickly add that getting things straight with management can be a lot more easily said than done, that's fair!

think_too_mut- I read your post, you said 'be nice to her next time.' You know, about the first things I said to her were 'If you want to do something, say so and we'll do it. If you want to go to a certain restaurant (or anywhere!), say so and we'll go. And if I saw her looking at something (e.g. clothes) I'd ask her if she wanted to go in and buy or look at something. How much nicer can I possibly be? Is there something you're doing that I'm not? If so, I'd thank you for sharing. Other than that, I see you are suggesting that she should have gotten around 15000 to 16000 Baht. What? When she's working for 6000 a month, spent only half a month with me, you're suggesting I pay her 2.5 months salary??? I did not see the justification for your opinion included in your post. Can you justify your opinion or not? If so, I'd appreciate your sharing it. Thanks smile.gif

I'm still rolling it around in my mind what to do. I am going to take it on faith that her boss stiffed her, and I will give her the money (I guess it's 3000 Baht) that he's ripped her off for. But I am not doing it out of a sense of obligation. If there was a problem there, it was between her and her employer, I did not make any promises and then broke them, no way! So I'll give her at least that much, for no other reason than to help her recoup a loss that somebody else, not me, inflicted on her.

As I said at the beginning of this post, this is about right and wrong, not money. In the end, I'll give her 3K, 6K, 10K or whatever is appropriate, but in the end I'll make sure she's happy and I will feel satisfied that I haven't treated her wrongly.

Salvittre,

All of the go-go bars, expect a barfine for absense of a girl any girl (waitress or hello girl) that is thought to be with a customer. If she was with you 1 or 2 days, it would not be a probem, at some places, not all. When you asked her this may have been the case, in the begining.

The normal, long time, for a girl is 1,500 per day (real nice ones get much more), plus bar fine. For me, in your case, I think,without the barfine, 1,500 ( or even with barfine of 500 baht, for a total of 2,000 baht is less than $50 USD) for good company and sex, is pretty dam cheap.

The formular you suggest of 1/2 her normal monthly wage, is fucked up... Every girl that is going knees up and bobs for apples, with a guy, gets a LOT more, why shouldn't she?

From my way of thinking you grossly under paid her, making you a Cheap Charlie. To not be a Cheap Charlie, you should of paid close the going rate, considering food, any other expenses you had, as a tip. For me that figure for 11 days, is 15,000+, as likely your dick is not as sweet as mine, maybe more :-))).

i took my girl out of her go-go for 7 nights.

took her away from phuket for 5 nights.

i only had to pay the BF the first night and last night.

the other 5 were 'free'.

could this be because as she was not available for work,i was'nt expected to pay the BF.

like if she had gone on holiday[which she did,with me].

she still got her full salary when we returned.

>I see you are suggesting that she should have gotten around 15000 to 16000 Baht. What? When she's working for 6000 a month, spent only half a month with me, you're suggesting I pay her 2.5 months salary??? I did not see the justification for your opinion included in your post. Can you justify your opinion or not?

Justification? No justification. As we know, the best things in life are for free - love, sex, children...

Once you cross that line and start paying for it - there's no real justification. Personally, I wouldn't have gone under 18-20K + bf + all other expenses.

Following your logic we can say: poor buggers working on the BKK underground train construction site earn 160 bahts per day. If they work all 30 days, it's still less than 5000 per month.

She's getting 6000 for sitting and chatting. So, she ought to pay back that 1000 surplus. Then she's even with the construction workers moneywise. Now, anybody should be able to come and fuck her for free.

As I said at the beginning of this post, this is about right and wrong, not money. In the end, I'll give her 3K, 6K, 10K or whatever is appropriate, but in the end I'll make sure she's happy and I will feel satisfied that I haven't treated her wrongly.

[color:purple]

Sorry to say but it does sound like it is about the money with you. The right and wrong is dependent upon what YOU feel she should get for her services. Your argument is based upon what you think is fair based on her salary according to her bar pay scale, it does not appear to be a value based on how YOU enjoyed her services.

Look at it this way most girls when taken out of the bar receive a daily rate and the bar gets a bar fine. Her rate is not based on her bar salary. Her rate is based on what she wants to charge a customer.

What you spent on her by having her travel with you should not enter into the equation because it is not her fee. I guess the best example I can can give you is a consultant. A consultant charges his daily or hourly rate plus any incurred expenses which would include travel and food, etc.

Now you mentioned that this girl is more than likely not your girlfriend so the "right" thing on your part would have been to pay her a certain sum without factoring in the trip costs and dinners and entertainment and it in no way should be what her bar pays her in salary. The value should be based on what she would charge a customer for her services.

Keep in mind that many BG's don't talk money with their customers some actually have faith that the customer will compensate adequately. I think she should have been a little more transparent with you but then again you also should be intuitive to some extent. Her display of dissapointment evidently struck a chord within you as to the amount you gave her was not fair.

The question remains is what are you going to do to remedy the situation. Your choice.

as I understood it, first of all, SHE says she doesn't go with customers -

Well it seems to me that if she normally does not go with customers then the fact that she was sleeping with you is a rather special "service". I am not much of a punter anymore and maybe not up on current etiquette but since this girl was nice and you enjoyed her I feel an approximate 10,000 Baht tip would have been fair.

1,000 Baht per day - end of story-Just my humble opnion

Archived