Is buying a drink in a gogobar compulsory?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"One time I was tired of drinking and ordered water."

This will sound like blasphemy to many of you, but there are times when I have had enough to drink in a LOS gogo and just want some water to hydrate myself. (I do not initially order water at a gogo, just sometimes want to after having at least 2 drinks).

Yet I feel awkward about ordering water after getting strange reactions from the staff, who I am not sure are thinking I am cheap, or they are just confused.

Anybody thoughts?

Gogobars are gogos AND bars. Same as at home, you just can't sit at a counter or in the room and not drink, unless you know the bartender or a waitress. And why 440bahts? You can nurse a 100 baht drink, plenty of time to see if you like anything. In my younger LOS days, it would take me one 1 minute to see if anyone was worth for me staying. But then, we french have a quick radar when it comes to girls and fun, so it's only IMO.

I order water all the time, and get a chilled bottle of Singha or Polaris -- charged at the same price as a soft drink, which is entirely fair.

Not being thirsty is no excuse not to order a drink. Just order a Coke and don't drink it if you don't want to. But you have to order something if you are going to sit down. Again, entirely fair in my opinion.

Just curious but based on your post it seems that you are a bit new to the scene. How much time have you actually spent in the P4P scene?

I really can't imagine that you think it is okay to go into any bar in the world sit down and not order something to drink. That is basic standard operating procedure. The only exception to this IMO is if your picking up a girl or you walk straight out.

I personally will order a cola if i sit down and never even touch it if I have no desire to drink alcohol.

Smeg,

Do you squeak, when ever you walk? Are you that tight that you can'et even afford to spend 80 -100B a drink! Smeg, have some class and behave like a human being! Smeg, are you related to Bangkokbuddy?

Remember, what Mr. Rabbit Rabbit said "what goes around, comes around!

Hi!

I think you're slightly off the mark here. I often walk into gogo bars and have a look before I sit down. If I don't see anything I like I just leave and have never had a problem .

I don't know if this applies to gogo bars or still holds today but several years ago beer bar owners in Pattaya told me that they make money on the booze they sell and the girls at the very most break even. So by occupying space without drinking you are depriving the bar owners of income. With a few exceptions bars in Thailand are not a lucrative business, well not in Pattaya anyway.

regards

ALHOLK

Short answer on this is : Yes. If you go into a go-go, buy a drink. Well, you will be allowed a "walk around", and maybe a pause by the door for a last look..after that, you will seriously start to irritate people.

If you are here on an extended stay, well, get used to it, Go-go bars are an expensive luxury. Limit yourself.

You wanna drink..get a couple of beers in the local shop. You wanna look at girls, take a walk down the street in the evening. You wanna see *naked* girls...buy a drink.

-j-

You can get away with 1 minute or so, but you've got to be joking about 15-20!

Would you really expect to be able to sit through 20 minutes of a movie and then decide to walk out without paying?

As far as the girls are concerned, you've had the free thrill of seeing them naked for 20 minutes. Witnessing your attitude, they may be quite reluctant to go anywhere with you. After all, you may decide they're not good enough after 20 minutes of banging them and chuck them out without a dime.

Really - all the talk of the difference in beer prices between a go-go bar and a supermarket is rather silly. You might as well whine that you could make som tam more cheaply than the street vendor. Ever heard of the concept of a night out?

Archived