Is buying a drink in a gogobar compulsory?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but if I am completely unthirtsy, and simply want to spend 10-15 minutes sat in a bar seeing if there is anything there worth barfining, is that possible? Or do the bars have a rule that ensures they will make some money out of me whatever?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smeg,

I understand the pressure you feel. There is a way round the drink if you print the thread "Orange Juice" in the food-section, show it to the mamasan and say you order an orange juice but there are problems which you intend to discuss before. This will give you 15 minutes easily . If you need more time, take a " Pop Your Cherry here ".

Bbill

I walked in to a go go bar in NEP with a bottle of water in my hand and was waiting in there for someone I had pre arranged to meet at a set time.I was asked if I wanted to order,I Said no thanks.Within 30 secs I had a angry mamasan telling me to order or leave.So it was a no drink no look policy.By the way ,I left with the person I had arranged to meet.I cant stand bad tempered ,pain in the arse mamasans.

First I thought this posting was a wind-up, then I realized it might just be for real.

Come on, guys, OF COURSE you have to buy a drink when you sit down in a go-go bar!

If you came into my bar (if I had one), sat your fat ass down on my barstool, enjoyed my a/c, ogled my girls, and sipped from your own bottle of water...even for thirty seconds...I would throw your ass out so fast you wouldn't know what hit you.

I find it hard to believe that there are really such ill-mannered, sticky shit people out there. It makes me ashamed to be a farang.

Hi!

In reply to:

[color:blue]I find it hard to believe that there are really such ill-mannered, sticky shit people out there. It makes me ashamed to be a farang.color=blue>

According to a bar owner I talked to a couple of years ago this behaviour is not at all uncommon. Some even buy a beer outside at the local supermarket and insist on drinking it inside the bar without ordering anything.

regards

ALHOLK

This thread wasnt a wind up, I promise you!

Compare a gogobar to a restaurant. They both sell 2 products.

Restaurant = food and drink,

Gogobar = barfines and drink.

If I walked into a restaurant to look at the food menu, and Im told that I must buy a drink before I can see it, I would hastily walk out again.

Im assuming that the reason a drink is compulsory in gogobars is because the owners make no money from the barfines, as that goes to pay the girls salaries. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Smeg

>>>If I walked into a restaurant to look at the food menu, and Im told that I must buy a drink before I can see it, I would hastily walk out again. <<<

Not same-same, as this senario never exists anywhere. Better analogy would be walking into a movie theater to enjoy their air conditioning, and rest for a half hour, for free. All bars exist to pay the bills from drink sales, and keep what is left over. If you want to step inside to enjoy all the hard work, and $$$ they spent making it a comfortable place for you to be, then you are obviously expected to pay for your time spent there. No different from anywhere else in the world. Bargirls are just another item on the menu. You may order one, you may not. It's beside the point.

HT

Archived