Pros and Cons of Thai Girl as an Interpreter

Me and my friend, both in our 20s, are planning a first trip to Thailand. Interested to see Temples, hilltribes, Parks and sample a bit of wild nightlife as well. Now, a friend told us that

?Thailand does not speak English?.

Assuming this is true, at least outside of BKK, we are thinking of hiring a fairly pretty local interpreter with some basic knowledge of English to be able to get around and have some thai massage along the way:)

What would be a reasonable day rate for a sexy interpreter ?

Is it ok to hire one girl for 2 guys?

Will she be jealous if we take other girls in our hotel room?

Anyone can share his/her tips/thoughts on the subjects?

Thanks!

Al

At all the tourist places there will be Thais who can speak some English. You can also get someone at the hotel front desk to write your destination in Thai. Be sure to pick up a hotel card. It will have the name of your hotel in Thai that you can show to a taxi driver.

Stay away from Thais that approach you, are dressed well, and speak English well. These are touts that direct you to ripoff places. You will waste time and money.

As for nightlife, meet up with some board members to show you around. (Be sure to buy them a few rounds.) wink.gif

There are no special industry set-up that will provide you with a sexy interpreter/guide+company. I suggest you start thinking positive, and hope that you will find a person to hire who will be to your tastes and a good flirt, as it may certainly happen. if she is not the jealous type but instead a great party-er, then you will have a hell of a trip report to tell us.

Godot,

Not sure what your intentions of your post is. There are conflicting and mixed messages within your post.

By just reading a sampling of this board, you would soon realize a guide in not necessary to get around Thailand's tourist places.

Regarding a pretty guide and the jealousy thing, I am not sure what the big deal is? If your primary intention is to screw women as it sounds, what is the relevancy of whether the guide is pretty or not. Are you looking for competency or a pretty face to stroke the ego? It is the same as hiring an actress because of her looks and not her talent. Just another pretty face doesn't cut it if she is to exhibit some type of knowledge or skill. Don't confuse your objectives or you will lose out on both accounts.......

Did your friend(s) hire a guide to get around? I doubt it........

Cardinalblue

Archived