"The last time..."

gawguy

I am in LOS now and I am really trying learn some more Thai.

How do you say "The last time..." as in, for example,

"The last time I was in BKK I stayed at the Dynasty Hotel." or "The last time I saw you we had a problem." ??

Thank you very much.

GG

"The last time I was in BKK I stayed at the Dynasty Hotel."

¤ÃÑé§ÅèÒÊش㹡Ãا෾¼Ã¾Ñ¡ÃÂÙè·ÕèâçáÃÃä´¹ÒʵÕé - krang lah sood nai krungthep phom puk yoo tee rong ram Dynasty....

or... perhaps more simply said...

¤ÃÑ駷ÕèáÅéǼÃÃÂÙè¡Ãا෾üÃÃÂÙè·ÕèâçáÃÃä´¹ÒʵÕé - krang tee laew phom yoo krungthep pom yoo tee rong ram Dynasty...

"The last time I saw you we had a problem."

¤ÃÑé§ÊØ´·éÒ¼ÃàË繤سàÃÒÃջѭËÒ - krang sood tai phom hen khun rao mee punhar -

'krang sood tai' and 'krang tee laew' have the same meaning and both mean 'last time'. Both interchangeable in this context.

cheers,

FF

"'krang sood tai' and 'krang tee laew' have the same meaning and both mean 'last time'. Both interchangeable in this context"

Actually no.

¤ÃÑé§ÊØ´·éÒÂ('krang sood tai') indicates the last instance in a sequence of instances and doesn't indicate when that was. for example 'next week is the last time'.

¤ÃÑ駷ÕèáÅéÇ

is always the time before now.

I chose ¤ÃÒÇ over ¤ÃÑé§ because ¤ÃÑé§ (krang)indicates an instance where as ¤ÃÒÇ indicates a lenth of time. I think.

Where's that Thai adjudicator of ours??

Yes, well.... In my understanding 'krung sood thai' and 'krung tee laew' are interchangeable in this context as I stated before. They both relate that it was the 'last time' in Bangkok. ... Though now having thought about it, I agree that 'krang sood tai' could possibly mean that it was the last and very last time in Bangkok (meaning that you have no intention of going back)...

Cheers,

FF

"I chose ¤ÃÒÇ over ¤ÃÑé§ because ¤ÃÑé§ (krang)indicates an instance where as ¤ÃÒÇ indicates a lenth of time. I think."

Ok, I've never heard 'krao' used when referring to the past. I've often heard it in a future construct though, such as 'krao nah' next time.... or in idiomatic use such as 'krao nee krao nan' this time and that time..everytime! or 'bang krang bang krao' - which translates to something like 'now and then'..

I just consulted my dictionary and it says that 'krao' refers to 'times' and 'occasions' and not a time. So I think that in the case of the original post that 'krang' is probably better as it refers to a specific time. Stand to be corrected once more though...

Cheers

¤ÃÑ駷ÕèáÅéǼÃÃÂÙè¡Ãا෾üÃÃÂÙè·ÕèâçáÃÃä´¹ÒʵÕé

Better than ¤ÃÑé§ÊØ´·éÒ which means the last time as in the is no next time, but

Didn't you forget to insert µÃ¹·Õè?

"¤ÃÑ駷ÕèáÅéǵù·Õè¼ÃÃÂÙè¡Ãا෾üÃÃÂÙè·ÕèâçáÃÃä´¹ÒʵÕé "

¤ÃÑé§ÊØ´·éÒ¼ÃàË繤سàÃÒÃջѭËÒ is tecnically correct, but iMO it's better to use ¤ÃÒÇ¡èù and à¨Ã¡Ñ¹

"¤ÃÒÇ¡èùµÃ¹·ÕèàÃÒà¨Ã¡Ñ¹àÃÒÃջѭËҡѹ"

¤ÃÒÇ¡èùµÃ¹·ÕèàÃÒà¨Ã¡Ñ¹àÃÒÃջѭËҡѹ

Better still to use ·ÃàÅÒÃ

¤ÃÒÇ¡èùµÃ¹·ÕèàÃÒà¨Ã¡Ñ¹àÃÒ·ÃàÅÒáѹ

Archived