The Cost of Tits and Tush and a Small Clean Bush/or Shaddup And Quit Whining Ya Wank

I suppose these guys who just HATE to pay that barfine would much prefer to do it the way we have to do it in most of these United fucking puritan holier than thou States? We go to a strip club. (If you're into that kinda thing. I'm not really. But will go with friends two or three times a year for a few beers and a laugh or two.) Pay 5 dollars for a cheap beer. Maybe even have to pay a door cover charge! (Friggin' rip off that is!) Watch stuck up bitches who just know (in their mind anyway) we are all perverts and assholes, who you can't touch (unless you're paying 20 dollars for a 5 or 10 minute table dance, and then most places you still can't touch) and more than likely can't fuck for however much you'd be willing to pay, (no barfines here bub!) and waste 10 or twenty dollars, or lots more if you're a besotted drunken fool, putting money on the edge of the dance stage so the lady will shake her ass and tits and pussy in your direction for all of 10 or 20 seconds, (no neck and crotch massages and prolonged french kisses here either sucker)

HEY ! That is how I make my living ! A little respect please

wink.gif" border="0

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cent,

I just got back from LOS and Damn! You beat me to this topic! I doubt if I would have been as eloquent as you! I have no sympathy for the whiners and complainers simply because they chose to leave their homelands and try their hand in Thailand. The thing that truly amazes me is how many of these guys can't even speak the damn language. I mean think aboout it, how in the hell can you enjoy or properly function in a foreign culture when you can't even speak the language beyond bargirl conversation!?

My favourite Thai "experts" are the relationship guys who think that they can divine and know the psyche of the the Thai female. I bet that these same "experts" couldn't even properly interact on a social level or effectively have a meaningful relationship with a woman from their own country. Yet these guys swear they know better than most when it pertains to Thai women! My own observations have shown that most of these guys are bitter divorcees or never got laid until they were married.

I find it hilarious that most guys who try to earn their living in Thailand as teachers wouldn't even contemplate it in their home countries. I personally think that a teacher in the States is a great gig, you have job security, salaries range from 40k-65k, time off is the eqivalent to 3.5 months a year, you get great deals on housing in your district and once u put in 25yrs you get a pension that allows you to live a great retirement. The smart guy would teach in the States and vacation in LOS.

I agree with you Cent the "expert" whiners need to pipe down and stop poisoning the minds of the newbies with their hang ups. I have a golden rule when I vacation and that is don't count the money! I tell all the newbies I meet in LOS to don't focus on the prices, just focus on your experiences.

Regards,

JJSUSHI

Cent, I think you're missing the point a bit.

Let me give you an example - several BGs I spoke to in LOS think the Japanese are stupid because they pay so much money for boom boom. Good for business, but stupid.

These BGs don't have much a grip on the global economy, and can't understand that the Japanese holidaymakers have more money and therefore can spend more. No, they just think they're stupid.

So the farangs who get upset at being asked to pay B3000 or more are upset not so much because its a rip-off, but because the BG is taking them for stupid and naive.

As for the old 'its cheaper than back home' argument, that's been countered by many others, so I won't do it again. But, sure enough in a couple of years, people of your opinion will be saying: "What are you guys arguing about - it's still 10% cheaper than the States!"

Having said that, let me say this, those people who put the cost of sanuk as their bottom line would be better off going to Cambodia, Kenya or somewhere else.

OK, let me try to find the middle ground: yeah, why not try to pay roughly the market price? What's wrong with that? Nobody's losing their face or going poor in the process.

What have you achieved by overpaying? Not much. They already know you are a tourist and do not know how to play the game. Will they like you more? Doubt it. Will they make you feel like they like you more? Likely - more money for them. But yeah, it is pretty intoxicating to toss some serious cash (serious for the locals that is) around for a few days. I guess it must be some delusions of grandeur we gladly succumb to occasionally. And it is cheaper to be a hot shot in Los than most other places! Do you want to feel like a millionare with a middle-class income? Try Thailand! Hmmm, when I come to think about it, lots of my fellow citizens may go for that one. We all want to be rich! The next best thing is just to convince ourselves we are. After all, the dough is what we are raised to believe in!

It does take some effort to figure out the prices, but that's what I am trying to do now. Why am I saying all that? Hmmm, would be nice to settle down in Los one day. And even the u.s. pensions aren't that hefty! It's all in the balance…

wink.gif" border="0

Kai,

Better shut your mouth and put your brain in gear. As you said when you came here on Holiday you didn't try to get a deal or bother if you were ripped off.

So who's fault is it that prices are now expensive (if you are a westerner)Who's fault that you are now living here teaching and can't afford to do what you want. YOURS you dummy. So don't try laying it on someone else.

Oh and before you give me that crap about try living here on a teachers wage, I did that, long before you ever came near here on your, I'll throw my money away cos I want to impress everyone on how rich I am holiday.

Believe it or not at that time it was Teachers who seemed to keep the bars running cos prices were commensurate with wages.

As I said YOU made your bed, now lie in it!!

As far as overpaying goes, I agree nobody wants to get ripped off. But then again what’s the point of negotiating endlessly for the sake of a few baht like the ki-nok hippies do on KSR? I know there’s a double-pricing system and that some Thais will try to rip you off. That’s the down side of Thailand. But I’ve also been given lifts and had favours done by Thais who wouldn’t accept my money no matter how hard I tried to press it on them. To me that balances everything out, and while I’m on holidays I really try not to be on my guard every moment I’m there worrying that someone is going to overcharge me. I enjoy it a lot more that way and I’ve yet to be seriously ripped off.

It was a different story when I first started coming to Thailand 12 years ago with my (ex) Hong Kong girlfriend. Even though she and her family were very well off, she was extremely paranoid about being overcharged. Everywhere we went she’d bargain hard to get the best possible price and it really took a lot of enjoyment away from my holidays. Oddly enough, she was the one who got seriously ripped off – the old Thai gem scam. I told her to be careful but greed got the better of her and she ended up with nearly US$2000 worth of coloured glass.

The thing about living anywhere is this: the more of something you have, the less you appreciate it. That's why diamonds cost a lot more than water. Even though water is needed to live, there's lots of it and its greatness is often forgotten. It's perfectly understandable for people living anywhere to complain about little things; just need to put it all in perspective once in a while. Thailand when it comes down to it simply rocks!

As for pricing, I hate to say it but good marketing means charging what customers will pay, not setting a price to cover the cost of goods. However, as long as there is a decent pool of cost sensitive people who reward the best priced places, things should be all right for everyone.

Rictic,

My brain is in perfect working order thank you.

I don't complain when some over rated , past her best go go girl states 3k for all night.

I just laugh and tell her to get real.

No-one forced me to live here, it was my choice and believe me I would rather be here than England.

(In fact I would rather be anywhere than England).

The point of my slightly aggressive posting (sorry cent) was that until someone lives here, you should not judge others that do.

My point is fair and the majority of expats as you will read, agree with my point.

So Rictic, YOU SHADDUP OLD BOY.

You must have been in a real bad mood last night. Your Postings are like chalk and cheese.

I agree with you on the England bit, if I have to go back to europe I will look at other countries before England. France Spain and Italy look favourites.

The Northern countries get a bit cold. Brrr

but they would be options prior to England.

Archived