Moving On...sadly.

Kiwi

The plans of mice and men.

With the good intention of planning the annual September trip,I find myself involved in a new work (ad) venture.The mates with whom I travel are on the white warm sands of the

Phuket west coast...casually passing time with the idle chatter of newly made friendships...nights are blessed with hours behind the Sunset Bar ( or Paradise Bar) and a meal at Vic's Place off the back road in Phuket. ''Get your bod here'',I am told on the few calls made to my home.I am in envy....and I miss *** from the Country Bar..she of the long laughs and the sweet breath in the early morn.

I move on....though I think of other matters at present.

The work load placed additional burdens on a stretched bank balance....I think of other matters.

I have missed the September trip.

And the cold Singa ( sp), and the old man who has the time to chat,he who sits in the Nana Reception and watches the world move on.

Cheers chaps,I will miss the Nanaplaza Posts....but I will be back.....

Kiwi,

Try to look on the bright side : amid the current downsizing mania, you are 'overemployed'.

Now that you are in a better frame of mind, let me go over my plans for the FIVE WEEK holiday that starts this Friday for moi smile.gif

Alas, no Thailand this trip, but plenty of Asian sunsets nonetheless. Cheer up, mate : Thailand will still be there when you emerge from the workaholic abyss, and you'll be able to tantalise those of us who are back in the 'work-to-live' grind. Its all pretty cyclical, and even the expats who live in Thailand cant seem to completely shake the working week.

Archived