Novels set in Thailand ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myself and Spirit of Town Hall know another...now if only we could get the author to release a couple of chapters I think you'd enjoy it too. Sorry to be cryptic but there is a lot of talent lurking about on the board with lights firmly under bushels.

My peronal favourite is "The Damage Done" aka "4000 Days" by an Aussie guy called Warren Fellows about his time in a Bangkok Prison.

Carew I wonder who you're on about and hiding bushels.

Maybe we could get the board to host a couple of chapters to help him get published.

Cheers

up the Latics

The submission of a couple of tasters to KS might have the desired effect. Serialisation would be even better. 'Pickwick Papers' was originally a serialisation in a newspaper and it became a 'must read'.

In fact, the more I think about it the better I like the idea. Good God, sometimes I astound myself.

>Maybe we could get the board to host a couple of chapters to help him get published. <

don't think that that would be very useful. i can imagine him going to a publisher saying: "oh yeah, the guys from the board really like the stuff...", so the publisher has one look at the board, reads the blow job threads, etc., and just goes, "oh yeah, that is definately the place i want be associated with..." wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

One of John Le Carre's novels, I think it's "The Secret Pilgrim," is sort of a collection of vignettes, as an old agent is reminiscing, and one of them is set in Thailand and Cambodia. Entertaining.

Archived