Home Stay

Does anyone know of a traditional old Thai style hotel or guest house in Bangkok. I was hoping to find something on a waterway that will give the visitor an alternative to the international 2/3 night package everyone gets with a western breakfast.

I am also trying to find similar types of hotels irrespective of grading and as much information as I can on Home Stay options in other centres in Thailand.

very good link. Lately we had someone say Thailand was not a 3rd worl country anymore, but anyone who steeped out of the big cities, if only for a 30 miles jaunt can experience a country still mostly living from agriculture, with a standard of living that is not quite in the range of BKK, but still allow people to lead, not a backward life, but a simple country life. thanks, hope some try it, the nightlife is still there when they come back!

Four years ago I was in Chiang Mai and had a look at The River Ping Palace which was owned by a Frenchman and run as a what I call a Thai traditional style hotel. They had a separate old teak wood house that they let out as a self catering apartment for about 1600 baht a night. Does anyone know it? Can anyone recommend anything similar?

Archived