Exotica Club, BKK - What Is It?

Straycat

You may or may not have seen this place. It's located at Sukhumvit Soi 55 [soi Thonglo]. A big white colonial style house. Gated area with an entrance that in golden large bold letters says: EXOTICA CLUB. At night, moving spot lights are turned on which reflects its lights on the nearby buildings.

I often go by here and wonder what this place is about. I've however never seen any people go in or out of the building. The whole setting reminds me -- probably by wishful thinking -- of the movie Exotica by Atom Egyan -- an excellent independant flick mostly set at a seductive Toronto strip joint.

Anyone out there that actually know what Exotica Club in Bangkok is?

a) an upscale 'Gentleman's club'?

B) a trendy nightclub and restaurant?

c) a closed members club with, or without, 'entertainment'?

d) none of the above?

Grateful for any insights!

Straycat

• 1 month later...

The jokers had their turn, so now I'll answer my own questions :)

Well, I've been to Exotica Club now. Unfortunately, I had a wee bit too much fire water beforehand so the whole experience is a bit...hmmm, how should we say, clouded?

Well, it's an upscale bar/club basically. (Duh!) Very lush, very nice. Huge bar. Plenty of beautiful girls. Pretty dresses. And prices from hell. Smeg, wouldn't be happy...

All in all a very good atmosphere albeit extremely upscale. In my opinion these two surprisingly seldom go hand in hand,. IMHO, of course.

Surely a many rich expat who wouldn't be seen dead in Emporium with an Isaan bargirl must have been here!? Think Piano, Orbit, La Luna etc

Well, my sanuking days are almost over due to the old ball and chain. Nevertheless, I naturally investigated the possibility to know the female employees here a bit better. My impression: Not impossible.

Very unclear set-up though. Sweet talk, fat wallet, a respectable job and a mobile required, perhaps. However, VIP-rooms and massage ONLY is available upstairs. Well let me tell you, I seriously considered a massage ONLY. These girls were mind-blowing (as they so often are outside of the farang ghetto zones)! Asking price 2000 baht per beautiful creature. I offered to pay for three girls for my friend, which the girls happily (?) accepted. Unfortunately, my friend declined and we headed elsewhere.

Straycat will be back though to check out Exotica once again.

Straycat

• 2 weeks later...

Archived