BG Family visits

shotover

Had a BG friend tell me per email that her mother and little sister from Ubon are visiting her in Bkk for 2 weeks next month during the school holidays. She previously told me her mother and family did not know she slept with men for money.

She said she would have to continue to work during their visit. Her 2 roomates work in beauty salons, though they like to get out and party occasionaly.

I don't see how she can keep the nature of her work from mom, and maybe even little sister. It wouldn't surprise me if mom knows what she does since she gets a few thousand baht every month from older daughter.

sooner or later parents will learn it, and most likely accept it. Not just because money was coming, but past a certain age, children are on their own. I've had girls tell me their father would kill them if he learnt (a figure of speech, I guess), some that their mother just told them "whatever you think is better for you" while never asking them to do it. And of course, some are plain greedy parents.

Sure her mum knows already. If she has been sending money. These things are just not spoken about. Where would a girl without education get the kind of money she probably is getting?

And not only her family is likely to know. If she lives in a village, these communities are very transparant. Not that it matters that much, she won't be looked down on for it.

Cheers!

"Sure her mum knows already. If she has been sending money."

In spite of what they may say, I suspect it is the rare BG that is sending much money home. I few hundred or a few thousand baht gifts during visits is much more likely.

But in this case suspect parent is aware of the deal as don't believe working 'the night shift' and maybe not coming home would go unnoticed by mother.

But then, perhaps this comment was in the hope that he will give her funds so she does not have to work these two weeks?

>learn to cut ladies hair, because her older daughter is in BKK cutting hair and making 30,000 baht a month

Technically, it is possible. The girl may be working in a hair dresing saloon but as a "side dish" - goes with saloon's customers, if they wish.

30K for that - no way, the saloon could be only a base, but freelancing has to make up for the rest.

I hear that some tell their family that they are working as waitresses which obviously covers the evening working hours. I think it?s also likely that they try to ?concentrate? on STs in order to be back home a bit earlier than usual.

Then again, I find it hard to believe that parents have no idea at all. I?d probably agree that the issue is not discussed too much in detail in order to save the face of all parties involved.

Archived