Any Streetsmart accountants in Bangkok

SingaporeSteve

Does anybody know of a good accountant at a reasonable price that provides pro-active advice in Bangkok. Alternatively any ideas on the following scenario - getting a straight answer has proved somewhat difficult.

I work here in Thailand with a work permit and have bought a house which I rent out. The rent I receive (78,000B month) is used to pay off the mortgage with Siam Commercial Bank. I drafted my agreement in 3 parts, just copying what my rental lease had been from my apartment, splitting different categories for Rent of house, rent of the furniture and service fee for maintenance. I am not interested in breaking the law by not declaring the income, so I will. What I need to determine is how much I have to declare and what allowable expenses are there. e.g can I offset the mortgage payments, costs of buying the furniture, TV, UBC etc. Another thought is if I can 'outsource' to my GF, the service fee or furniture rent income (ie say she owns furniture and looks after the property, and I pass it through to her) - I own the property through a Thai company with 1 foreign shareholder (me) however the company does not trade.

We use Deloittes for our company affairs but I found them incredibly expensive (OK when someone else is paying) and lacking in recomendations as to how to strucure something when they were asked to draft my contract (complicated as I have dual contracts for work inside and outside Thailand). In a nutshell I need to talk to someone who is awake to the legitimate deductions I should be making to offset the income. Any ideas warmly welcomed.

I would suggest : http://www.thailand-accounting.com/

Sadly, the German founder of this company died last month ("with his boots on", in Soi Cowboy-speak), but the company was well-staffed with knowledgeable folks, and I doubt your situation would be that novel to them.

Good luck!

"Let the goodtimes roll!"

The Fighting Fish

Archived