Remerbrandt hotel

matty

Rembrandt Hotel is definitely NOT guest friendly. They charge you a fee if you bring a girl to you room. I got nailed with a fee 4 nights in a row.

It is an "ok" hotel, but the location is a bit inconvienant because taxis never know where it is and you have to take a tuk tuk to get the Sukhumvit.

They also play freaky bird sounds in the lobbies on each floor (not just churp churp stuff, but weird shit like chickens). What were they thinking?

My shower leaked all over the floor every time I used it, also.

However, it does have some good restaurants.. the indian one is excellent and so is the mexican..

We have to define what "guest friendly" means.

To me, "unfriendly" is where the a girl is allowed at a high charge (i.e. 1500-2000B), asked to leave before 6am, not to use swimming pool, not to show up for breakfast....

If you had booked a double room (for a 4-5 US$ surcharge) and they take only girl's ID, that's fine by me as "guest friendliness" goes.

I think the key in many, if not most hotels is to book a double room as you say. Usually it doesn't even cost more. I don't know if that would work at Rembrandt or not.

I had a single room, and was forced to pay a pretty big fee each time... at least 1000 baht. BTW, that was the last time I ever booked a single room in Thailand!

Archived