Remerbrandt hotel

matty

Hi

I stayed there 2 years ago for a few nights. The rooms were nice and what one would expect from a 3.5 to 4 star hotel but not exceptional in my memory. The standard room I had was a bit on the small side relative to other BKK hotels but still enough room to get around.. Location is good and convenient to Sukhumvit. The Airport bus used to (maybe still does) stop at the hotel.

I ate at the Mexican rest. a few months ago and thought it was the best Mx food I have eaten in Thailand. Senor Pico's is a branch of a popular LA restaurant and the food was tasty and quite expensive for Thailand. I think the bill was 3000-3500 baht for 4 people with lots of margaritas and food. Highly recommended.

I was also told that the Indian rest. at the Rembrandt Hotel is also excellent.

regarding accommodation it is a slightly above average touristhotel.

senior pico is an excellent mexican restaurnat. they have also a band playing latin music. you have to do a reservation as it is quite popular and crowded. 2 times when i tried to reserve a table the same day i was told it's full.

I spend a few nights there last year, and it was not much different than any other hotel with a couple of exceptions. Lot of Indians seemed to stay there, and never before have I seen such a messed up breakfast buffet. It must have been crunch time as the food seemed to be all gone the tables all occupied.

As for the Mexican place, if you really like mexican food it is a monumental dissapointment. But them I'm from So Cal and have pretty hight standards when it comes to mexican food.

There are 2 buildings - one is the hotel itself and the second one is Rembrandt Apartments.

Stayed at the apartments this time last year, 3.5 stars I would say, seemed like value for money. Leaves an impression of a first world hotel, far above (in fact, uncomparable) Ambasador or Nana.

Recommened it to a few friends who were looking for a short time apartment lease (1-2 weeks) and they were all happy, they keep recommending it to their friends.

Noticed unusually high percentage of Arab guests there but they were all families. It's funny to see the husbands walking with their (traditionally dressed) overweight wives along the Sukhumwit, their eyes poking out...

Aha, just remembered: all power plugs were European (say, German) style. To connect my PC I had to build something like a skyship of all my plug adapters to hack it.

The place could have been "purpose" built for tourists from some specific countries.

Since some event unknown to me, they accept anyone and don't seem to be worried about (or may have their own agenda) about electricity consumption.

Still, I can recommend the place. 1-4 weeks rental of a serviced apartment, no bond, better price for "long stay", kitchen with microvawe, two separated places for activities...

Archived