Cambodia, the Angkor Temples

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this time last year, Bakheng Disco and one or two of the cafe's had plenty of freelancers.

Siem Reap is a bit of a hole when it comes to night life but relative to it's size there's plenty to be had.

I met one at Martini's (Siem Reap) who was a lovely Vietnamese lady who's 1st vocation was working in PP at a Karaoke. She'd been back home to Vietnam to visit her family and was enroute to PP to resume her job. She was extremely lovely and was rooting for boat fare as it were. She gave me the impression that she was normally a cut above working as a freelancer and that Karaoke was where all the hi class ladies preferred to work.

Don't have to sleep alone in SR.

Cheers

Never been to Angkor, but what I have heard, Siem Riep is the place for temples, not the place for sanuk (less selection, higher prices, more problems with the girls). So, would you give the advice going alone and looking for a girl in Siem Riep or would you bring a girl from Phnom Penh?

Thank you very much for the info. It seems, it is not as bad as described else. I usually rate the local chasing over having the well known things, so I think, I will give the Siem Riep night-life a try.

Given that most temple chasing is of a 3 or so, day nature, the few disco's (Martini's, Bakheng etc), the more than a few cafe´s, and the odd brothel or two or three, should keep the average Sanuker amused.

But having said that, I was searched for weapons every time I went to Bakheng Disco, the ladies at Martini's can be rather insistent, and the odd brothels I've seen are always bathed in pink light.

I hope that this gives you a flavour as it were.

Cheers

Hello Coss

I have booked a ticket to siem reap for december.I have never been to cambodia ,i am only staying 4 days.Do you think this would be enough time to stay. Could you give any ideas on prices of hotels ,food and drink compared to thailand.

Thanks in advance

RUUD

4 days is plenty, most hire a moto with driver, $5 to $15 a day and or night.

The moto driver's usually can plan the majority of the temples into a three day run.

There are numerous hotels in the $ 20 range and fifteen or twenty minutes walk around the town centre will find you something.

Food is similar to Thailand in cost and sometimes cheaper by far.

Night spots include Martini's and Bakheng disco.

A really good resource is www.canbypublications.com

My only advice is be ready for dirt roads, low standards in the hotels and it is a small town.

Cheers

You sure don't get as much for 20$ in Cambodia , as far as hotels go, compared to Thailand. I stayed in a brand new hotel in 97, I think it was called the white house, or something like that. It was spartiate but immaculate with air-con, 20$ a night. i think you should have no problem finding something decent, with all the tourism around. Food, no problem, unexpensive, many ethnic choices.

Archived