Redundant which bank question: Sory

Pom_Jao_Choo

After looking at the costs of ATM withdrawals Canada-Los. I am thinking I had better arrange an acccount in LOS for daily banking needs and transfer the funds from canada in blocks as needed.

Anyone feel like favouring me with pertinent threads that would inform as needed to which bank (I formally had an account with BKK Bank). And what the ATM transaction rates are like from local Thai banks ?

Thanx for anything you feel like throwing my way.

I find it very hard to believe that atm withdrawals from Canada can be that much more expensive than from the USA; unless it is bank specific, or you have a very small atm limit. Are you sure what your thinking about is not cash advance from credit cards?

The normal US charge is $1-2 for use of atm and the exchange rate is 1% or a little more less than the very good interbank rate. So most people can withdraw 20k in baht for about one dollar fee at a rate better than cash. You are unlikely to be able to transfer money for a lower loss if by wire.

Bangkok Bank charges 100 baht per year for normal atm card and no fee if withdrawal in the same area - if you have account in Bangkok no fee from any BBL atm in Bangkok and you can withdraw 20,000 baht per day. If you use outside Bangkok there is a small fee and believe if you use in other banks atms more than a few times each month there is another small fee.

You have to choose a bank in Canada that is doing a lot of international money transfer, I tried to do a money transfer to LOS the fees were very high and when I arrived in LOS the money was not there and when the money arrived they took this like a personnal check and they had to clear it before I can have the money and of course they ask a huge fee to do that so I did not change it. On the top of that the 2 banks will take 3 or 5% on the exchange rate for profit.

Archived