FIFA world ranking: France & Spain 2, USA 8, GB 9

Not sure how USA got to be 8th. The only major team that I continue to say we are better than is Mexico. If we played Portugal again it would be a different result. I think we can be a top 10 team and are anywhere from 10th to 16th or so behind Brazil, France, Spain, Great Britain, Germany, Italy, Argentina, Turkey and we could stand a reasonably good chance against Denmark, Ireland, Holland, Senegal, Portugal or Faroe Islands & Scotland : )

"we could stand a reasonably good chance against Denmark, Ireland, Holland, Senegal, Portugal "

Denmark, Ireland, Senegal OK, but not Holland and Portugal.

Those two countries are still much better than USA.

But that of course doesn't mean USA has no chance of winning.

USA is improving fast and I think they could be very good someday. Just look at their national sports and the seize of the country. They just have to make the sport more popular among youngsters and keep training them by foreign coaches like they're doing now.

USA could be World Champion someday....maybe in 2030.

Just for the record mate.

Great Britain does not have a football team.

England, Wales and Nortern Ireland do, and Scotland are trying to get one together.

P.S. Is there a real big rivalry in Football now bewtween USA and Mexico?

The game you two had in the World Cup was vicious.

I agree that Portugal and Holland are better than us, also Denmark and the others I mentioned with the exception of Scotland and Faroe Islands. Portugal would beat us next time. I think though after watching us play against Germany and coming away with only a 1 - 0 loss, that we would be in the game at least.

We seem to play like how Arsenal was described as playing a few years back 'boring, boring America'.

The Mexico rivalry is more on their part. Especially in Los Angeles and southern California with the huge Mexcian-American population. We don't even watch football here. They walk and drive around with Mexican flags, etc. and make a big deal out of it. Any time them or any one gets a chance to beat the 'big, arrogant, rich Americans' at anything is cause for celebration.

Its been discussed before but I think if even 10% of our best athletes played football we would be a top 5 or 6 team. Imagine a corner kick with someone with the athletic ability of our 6'10" or 7' basketball players jumping for a header? Or the speed at forward with the size and quickness of a NFL running back or wide receiver? Not only would they be fast but it would be a big team.

Anyway, I always wondered why England seems to play so conservatively in the WC but a much faster pace football in the EPL? Everyone, agrees the pace in the EPL is much faster than the other 'ligas' so why not play the style that the players are used to?

Everyone, agrees the pace in the EPL is much faster than the other 'ligas' so why not play the style that the players are used to?

I think that's a very good point.

Sometimes it looks like they look more at their opponent's quality than at their own.

It's time for England to play their own game and see if the opponent can cope with that.

I think they would be even harder to beat than with their current playstyle.

that's the problem.

english football is played at 100 MPH,but when the national team plays they slow it dfown and try and be methodical.

plays into the hands of the european mainland teams.

as Zaad,let's see England go for from the first whistle,and go at the teams,and keep it up for 90 minutes.

the italians and spanish would'nt know what has hit them.

"as Zaad,let's see England go for from the first whistle,and go at the teams,and keep it up for 90 minutes.

the italians and spanish would'nt know what has hit them"

If the fans want to see that kind of soccer (like EPL) they have to get rid of their coach (Eriksson) first.

He is that kind of coach that TINK TOO MUT.

A coach from an average English club would get the job done.

Archived