How my Thai girl got me.

Zaad

Wonderful post, best of luck to you. I wasn't sure if there was a question implied in "How my Thai girl got me". If so, mine got me with a smile, simple as that, and we've been together fifteen plus years now. Your post made my day.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently living in Phitsanulok.

I either go to BKK to renew my VISA or to visit my wife's family.

My next trip to BKK won't be this month, so I can't make it to the party Saturday.

Have a good time there. ;-)

She's indeed a uniform wearer. :-)

It's similar to the schooluniform, except for her skirt, it must cover the knees ( I'm actually very happy about that as this army is exploding with male soldiers) and it must be green as well.

About the flood, we were quite lucky here. The water didn't touch the center, only some streets arround the city.

And we are here actually because of my TG. She graduated in BKK and must therefor work in another province to "repay" the country. So 2 more years (1 year already completed) to go before we move back to BKK.

It's actually not bad at all living here, it's not too far from BKK and when I hear about her friends' stories and their chosen provinces (Loey, Song Khla, Trat etc.) we are way better off.

The army areas and dental rooms are rather small and poor comparing with where we are.

And yes, you're right, I'm still a young ass. I'll be 25 at the end of this year. I help out at some schools here. I help children/adults with their English. Can you imagine how desperate these schools here must be? With my English and I'm not a even a native speaker.

I actually work with computers, but such a job is very hard to find in a place like this. So I'll just continue teaching (which I enjoy very much, it's a great experience for me) and when I return to BKK I'll try to find a computer related job.

I enjoyed the Heinekens very much.

My wedding...Oh let's see...that's actually something I can't remember exactly anymore. I think the wine took control of my body and mind that day :-)))

Ok, before the wine kidnapped my everything:

We married in a big church in BKK. We had a small wedding with just some friends and her family. Well...her family wasn't that small so there were more people than I expected. Very kind family though. They welcomed me (farang) without any problems or doubts whatsoever.

After the wedding we went to a place (the story isn't that clear to me anymore) were we ate, drank, laughed, celebrated etc.)

I had a great day, I never had the intention to have a big "fairytale" wedding (of course not, I'm a guy) but I must honestly say that I won't ever forget that day.

Funny part was...I'm catholic (Portuguese) but I never went to the church. I do belief , but going there...aahh. So the father asked me my "saint's name". I couldn't asnwer his question so I decided to be....SAINT ZAAD!

:-)

She's a Buddhist, but she didn't have that urge to get married in the Thai traditional style, in a temple etc.

She actually told me she would prefer to get married in a church.

It didn't really matter for me.

If she wanted the Thai style wedding, fine for me.

I didn't make many decisions for the wedding, I just wanted wine.

A lot of wine. :-)

"mine got me with a smile, simple as that"

The smile is indeed irresitable, not to mention the legs. I'm a real leg-freak. :-)

I want to thank everybody for their time, reply and kind words.

Cheers!

(another Heineken is going to die)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful memory. For me, it was her eyes. Yes, something about her eyes that night that caught me two years ago at the Le Chateau Blanc on soi 63 near Sukhumvit. We're planning to have a simple wedding next year. Because I don't know any churches in Bkk, she and I agree to have a small wedding reception at the Marriott. After that we will visit her temple. Will let you guys know when and hope that you all can show up for a cold one. Cheers!

csm

Archived