How my Thai girl got me.

Zaad

This post will make me a ?member?, so I might as well post something that is worth such title. I have been on this board long enough now to feel comfortable in sharing my story with you. It may not be interesting for all of you, just 1 interested mind would be worth the effort of writing this.

Any reply of a similar story, similar parts or even a whole different one, as long as it?s original, is more than welcome. I met my TG in 1999, so it shouldn?t be too hard for me to remember HOW MY TG GOT ME.

I will try to keep a long story very short. Anyway, it was something like this:

In March 1999 I used some chat program (called ICQ) to chat with people from different parts of the world, just to share information, stories etc. My intention was far from finding a possible longterm relationship, but things got out of hand. WAY OUT OF HAND! I met my TG (at that moment just some Asian girl) 1 week after using ICQ. I always had my fantasies about having a sweet Asian girl, but I absolutely never had the expectation of finding one, let alone marrying one.

So we talked day in day out, creating feelings for eachother etc. till I graduated and decided to visit her in BKK. I mean, I felt some love for her (we talked everyday about everything for hours), but I felt kind of awkward about loving somebody without even meeting that person in real life at least once.

So I went to BKK in October 1999 (for 3 months) to meet the girl who was turning my life upside down, in a good way of course. I had never been to Asia before, so both entering this ?unknown? continent as well as meeting my possible future partner gave me a huge feeling of excitement.

I was also in great need of getting my answers (after talking to her for 7 months) about this relationship:

Is this love real and mutual?

Well, after spending 3 months with her, I knew it wouldn?t be my last visit to BKK. Besides my feelings for her, I also enjoyed being in Thailand very much. Very good food (eventhough I?m a pig when it comes to eating, I do taste the food sometimes), beautiful nature, interesting and new culture, polite people, etc. The only thing that was bothering me was (and still is) the traffic jam and especially the polluted air. Once I left the airport (Don Muang) I felt this warm thick polluted air entering my ?airways? which got me by great surprise. I didn?t have the slightest thoughts about how horrible this would be, but I just take it for granted when comparing it with the better things in Thai life.

We had a really great time together and the most important thing was that we got our answers. Unfortunately, everything has an end, also my 3-month visit. Tears were covering my TG?s face at the airport on the day I had to return to Amsterdam. I wasn?t feeling too happy myself and when I saw my TG so sad like that I had only one thing in my mind: I?LL BE BACK! :-)

After 6 months of suffering and missing my TG and vice versa, I bought a ticket once again to visit this ?beautiful piece of Thai nature?. I may sound like a romantic guy here but believe me, I am in the top 5 of least romantic guys in this world. Again we spent 3 great months together and again ?Mr. Don Muang? seperated us. Living in a relationship like this was destroying and killing me mentally and there was always this risk of losing eachother to somebody else. She meant (and still means) everything to me, all of these facts combined made me decide to quit my life in Holland and begin a new life in LOS with my TG. There still isn?t a hair on my body that regrets the decision I made that very day. We married in April 2002 and are living a happy life ever since.

I think our good communication brought us this far and will bring us much further. She?s well educated, she works as a dentist in the army. I know several farangs who can?t have a decent conversation with their TG and still end up marrying her. In my opinion such relationships are very hard to last long. But everybody has their own ideas and priorities of course.

Thanks for your time to read HOW MY TG GOT ME, I hope you didn?t think of it as a waste of time.

Hey, I?m a member now, I?ll have a couple of HEINEKENS to celebrate this.

CHEERS!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nice one Zaad. Sounds like you have a winner, and a uniform wearer too if I'm not mistaken. Gad some peoples luck!

Hope it's not too wet up there in Phitsi. usually stop off there for lunch on our drives up north to the other house, seems like quite a nice place actually.

I get the impression that you are somewhat less than retiring age. Wonder what you do up there? Work wise I mean.

Enjoy the Heineken's.

M.

Way to go Zaad. I'm happy for you brother. Hope that you two will last a life time together. Any chance you might want to share the event of your Thai wedding with us? ;-)

csm

Archived