Buying out the Girl "Forever" from the Bar

the_numbers

Actually part scam and part true. Policies vary from bar to bar but generally a buy-out is in the area of 8,000. It is up to the girl whether she would like to ask a little extra.

The real purpose of the buy-out is to avoid paying repeatedly if you are taking a regular girl. Actually could be considered as a volume discount. Math works if you're going to be taking the girl more than 16 days in a place with 500 Baht Bar fines.

However, generally the system self-destructs if it is stretched for too long a time as the girl either moves on or management changes or, in some bars memories fade. Also some times the girl tires of the customer and reinstating the bar fine is their way of discouraging the customer.

Think of it as more of a discount for frequent bar fining but be careful where you pay it. Many bar owners are also willing to negotiate a discount if you want to take the girl for 7 or 8 days, some aren't. You are more likely to get a discount if you talk to management before you take the girl.

As to the suggestions that the girl just quit, that is certainly one option. However, generally she will not be allowed to return to work in that same bar, if she doesn't make arrangements with management beforehand, which is difficult for her as that is where her friends are and where her regular customers come to find her. She sort of has to start out from scratch all over again. Of course the very successful girls are forgiven more easily than the less seccessful ones.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that it could pan out if you were going for a spell with a girl... on holiday or for a few weeks somewhere, and she wanted to be in good standing with the bar -- make them money, and not just quit.

Secondly if you don't want to support the girl this works out somewhat -- take her for a few weeks.. let her work a few, and come home to you, then steal her again for a bit. Seems the bar owners hate this, and they kept trying to say stuff like, "she only work two weeks, no good, we need her work one month then can go with you again."

Of course I said... I paid "forever".. it is not arai gaw dai for the mamasan in this case, and she conceded eventually, but I think this situation is by far the exception. the girl still works at the same bar now though, and it definitely panned out value wise because she could still pull down her salary, and not look in the "wrong" direction for sole financial support..

arguments, agreements?

"The Master has spoken

-----------------------------

Thank you!"

Hey! That was Edenpapa my mesage was replying to. If it were you, the message would have read, "The Master-bater has spoken." smile.gif

I do see the sense in a long-term discount. I've seen the signs up in the men's room in some of the bars, like Hollywood on the 2nd floor of Nana, stating how much the bar fine is for long-term (2 weeks, 1 month, etc.). What *I* deride are the dorks who think they are actually buying the girl from the bar, for their very own, and the girl can't leave the bar unless it's done. There have been farangs who have proposed marriage to their BG honeys, and the BG accepts, BUT...tells the farang that she's just not allowed to quit the bar unless the Mamasan or Owner or whoever is paid 10,000 baht or 12,000 baht or whatever. THAT'S what gets me rolling on the floor. smile.gif

Archived