Buying out the Girl "Forever" from the Bar

the_numbers

I agree that if the customer thinks this girl is leaving the bar to be with him for life/the forseeable future then 'buy outs' are a scam. Why does she need this security with the bar if she is now someone's GF?

However if it's a case that a guy just wants to be with her for 2 weeks than maybee it would make financial sence for the customer. Buying in bulk by 12 get 2 free sort of thing.

On a different note, the last time I was in Patong a mate of mine kept the same girl for the last 10 days of our holiday.

She worked in a bar however she was introduced to him during the day by her friend a non bar girl I was with. My mate never paid one bar fine.

There are ways round it it's just most of the time the girls are trying to get extra out of you, so the best /cheapest option will not present itself.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why dont the girls just tell the bar that they are very sick or something? If they "really" like you, they are hardly likely to put their employer before you. If you feel an overwhelming desire to give away money, just hand the fine straight to her, and avoid the bar owner getting his clammy hands on a cut of it for doing sweet f.a. If girls do put the bar first, they are just sales-girls for the bar, loving their "nice-man" farang boss more than you, and spinning you a yarn.

I remember that this subject was exhausted in another thread.

Paying any bar an amount for a long term leave of absence of a BG is utter nonsense. BG's can leave (and return) any time they want and do that regularly on their own account when switching from bar to bar.

Don't fall for this trap!!!

Smeg

Not sure if your post was dircted at me and my post ar just a general comment.

If it was in reply to me that Im not sure where you are coming from

Anyway I agree with you about bar fines in the sense that I don't agree with them.

As for some of the girls just being Sales girls I agree a lot are and why not??

To be fair they do make money from the barfines although not as much as the bar ownrs

Hence my post about my friend inPatong not paying a bar fine for a girl in 10 days.

Am I the only one to hate paying for bar fines?

I spent 10 days with this bg and paid 10 bf's. We agreed to spend one month toghether a few months later. She told me not to worry, I would not have to pay bf.

She did one stupid thing however: she wanted me to offer a drink to the mamasan before we dissapeared. I found it a better idea to not show up in her bar, but then try to argue with a BG. I was told later on she got fined for 6000 baht. Yes, a salary deduction the following month. Don't know if that's true, but this she told me.

I was with an other BG in Pattaya, paid 2 bf's and went off with her to Bangkok for a few days without paying bf, a freelance friend would take over. When she came back to Pattaya she got fired on the spot by the mamasan who doid not like that strategy.

I haven't paid any bf since, she fullfills all my needs ever since...

I really believe this notion of buying out a girl on a permanent basis doesn't exist. The girl is nothing more than an employee of a bar (maybe even not recognized by thai labor law) so she owes nothing to the bar once her shift ends for that day.

If she doesn't come back to work the bar the next day, that is her choice. She only loses out on future wages and maybe a reputation of being unreliable.

Any guy who is told by anyone "you need to pay this amount to permanently buy me/her " watch out..... It is also not a good about the girl if she is the one saying it because then she is scamming you also. Probably not the type of girl who you want to invest in/be with..........

Cardinalblue

[color:"blue"] I agree that if the customer thinks this girl is leaving the bar to be with him for life/the forseeable future then 'buy outs' are a scam. Why does she need this security with the bar if she is now someone's GF? [/color]

There seem to be 2 different scenarios at play in this thread, one is a long-term bar fine for people on vacation, a sort of volume discount. I think here most of us would agree that in this scenario it's more a simple question of whether the math works out or not.

The other scneario is a sort of payoff for the bar and mamasan, and that's what I think gets peoples' goats. Sure it's bogus, just another point in the game to extract money from you, but do consider:

(a) Is the bar in question is one that you definitely want to be able to go back to and hang out in with your lady, without any friction? Not playing by the mama-san's rules can definitely interfere.

(B) Do you want your lady to be able to return to *her bar* or another bar in the chain of bars (not just some other bar) should things not work out? The release money could be thought of like a little insurance policy against disrupting your lady's life; knowing you played by the rules could mean that you feel less pressure as well.

© Mama-sans move around; "what comes around goes around." See reason (B) above.

(d) Your lady may have other considerations with the bar or personal indebtedness with the bar or mama-san.

In light of these things you may decide that 10k is not a lot of money. Of course, if your intention is to take your lady away from Thailand, then it does seem kinda silly to pay off someone with whom you and your lady will have essentially no interaction.

Just my $0.02.

Hi ted,

I agree. I have ben through this twice. First paid "permanent bar fine" of 8,000 in Cowboy which turned out to be a waste of time. Second time, the girl just left, no money involved. She had been working for a while though (2 years plus) and she told me she had a promise she could go back whenever she wanted - up to the girl in the end. If you pay this and you mean permanent then think again.

Khwai

Archived