Anyone ever use internet to phone overseas.

sky brow

Hi Guys ,

I am thinking of using my pc to make calls overseas through the internet. I would like to hear from anyone who has done this and find out about the quality of the calls.Companies and accesories used. My household makes a fair amount of overseas calls and this may be a option to save a little money on telephone bills.I have been told that a common problem doing this is time delay,making a fluid conversation almost impossible.I am planning to dial net direct to the home or mobile phone of the person I want to call.

any info is welcomed,

cheers.

I have tried this with a few different Internet phone programs, and the quality has always been poor...

I gave up, and use a phone card, US to Thailand, at about 11 cents a minute, is a much better quality and way to go, for me at least...

Like all technology, I expect it to get better, so if anyone knows what I can use for a quality call, I'd like to know...

ST,

Try; http://www.thaitel.com/callfromus/callfromus.php3

I do find a bit of a quality difference with the more expensive ones, but not much, kinda depends I think, where your calling too, Thailand does not have the best phone system. Example, calling to The Times Square Building, volume is an issue for me, seems one side or the other, gets good volume to hear, and the other does not (? line balance if thats the right term?)... But, calling to Soi 103, the quality clears, volume is less of an issue, and the less expensive will do.

Sporty

Archived