Teaching English in Thailand ?

Has anyone here taught english in thailand. I have pondered moving there and living for a year or so, and would like an income while I am there; does anyone have any idea or thoughts on teaching english in thailand ? Also I have an A.A degree here in the states, would that be enough to get myself a teaching job in thailand.

Near as I can tell, if you show up for an interview with a school, and you are NOT wearing a thong bikini, be you male or female, then you are qualified to teach English in Thailand.

I teach English at a private school.

Note:

I'm NOT a native speaker.

I DON'T have a TEFL certificate.

I DON'T have teaching experience. Well, I have it now.

How I got the job??? I'm extremely handsome. :-) (joke)

I think having any teaching certificate would almost guarantee you getting a teaching job here.

Being a native speaker would be even better.

Goodluck!

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of income does it bring you?I knew a german guy in KSR who taught english while himself could barely speak it.He made a couple of hundreds per hour(250 I think) and lost several hours commuting per day :( He got a free bed somewhere in Pinklao too

The salary depends on the classes.

Sometimes 250, sometimes 300B/h.

Possible to earn 30.000 Baht if I work everyday for about 4 hours.

My TG has to work here for 2 more years. Then we'll go back to BKK and I'll find a computer related job.

So this teaching job is just a nice experience for me and it's at the same time improving my English, I guess.

Honestly, I couldn't be a teacher for more than 2-3 years.

Archived