Imperial Lord Ferg SEXUAL ASSAULT....

Bhat_Man

Having read Reuters this morning it looks like something out of nothing. ..... but if there is any truth in it then......Fergie is the stress at United getting too much for you fella.

CAPE TOWN, South Africa (Reuters) - Police in South Africa are investigating a complaint against Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson of indecent assault.

But a lawyer representing Ferguson Friday described the complaint as "groundless," saying the manager hoped the episode would be over by the weekend.

Ferguson, 60, flew to South Africa earlier in the week and Saturday is due to attend a football academy in Pretoria run by United's ex-keeper Gary Bailey.

His lawyer Alex Abercrombie told Reuters: "Sir Alex is not concerned about the complaint at all. The complaint is groundless and there is no truth in it.

"He denies any impropriety at all. He would be very surprised if there is any prosecution that follows."

Mary Martins Engelbrecht, national police spokeswoman, told reporters earlier on Friday: "At 11 a.m. this morning an indecent assault charge was laid at the Camps Bay police station. The charge was laid against a high profile British businessman, but for legal reasons we cannot name him.

"Allegedly at 2 a.m. this morning (Friday) the assault took place in a vehicle on the way from the Cape Town Waterfront to Camps Bay.

"On Monday, a docket (file) will be opened by the director of public prosecutions and will be reviewed to decide whether there is enough evidence to form a case."

Asked if he (the British businessman) can leave South Africa between now and Monday, Engelbrecht said: "We have a good working relationship with the British government and if we need to bring him out to face legal charges we hope we will be able to do so." Abercrombie, asked if there could be any possible motive for the complaint, replied: "Sir Alex is very confused. He can't think of any specific reason for the complaint."

POLICE INFORMATION

The lawyer told BBC News 24: "The nature of the complaint is that, from information from the police, there is an allegation that Alex touched a female on the leg.

"In our law in any event that does not constitute any offence as such so it is just a matter of time before this matter will blow over."

He said: "There is no application for any kind of warrant for arrest or anything like that at all so the matter is a minor one as far as they are concerned at this stage given what they have in their docket. But if it's necessary they will be in contact with us."

Abercrombie added: "He is most upset. He is not concerned about the allegation and the incident but he is very concerned about the publicity that surrounds it, the fact that his family has to get embroiled in this kind of thing and of course the image of Manchester United FC."

The lawyer also said: "He hopes this episode will be over by the weekend."

Patrick Harveson, Manchester United's communication director, told Reuters that the former English champions had "no comment to make at this moment in time."

Manchester United have no game this weekend because of European championship international qualifying matches taking place involving many of his players.

Apart from being a successful soccer manager, Ferguson is half-owner of an outstanding racehorse called Rock of Gibraltar which last month won its seventh consecutive group one race, overtaking the previous record held by Derby winner Mill Reef in the early 1970s.

Wednesday, at a small track near Cape Town, he presented the trophy to the

The great Sir Alex would never get involved in anything like this. This is just gloryhunting from some South African tart who needs a short, sharp kick up the fanny. I'd even volunteer to do it.

As the great Tommy Docherty once said "Today's news, tomorrow's fish and chips"

In LOS his alleged action would constitute a bar fine as the resulting penalty.

Some 'tart' as some of you have suggested. She could come up with something better than 'placing a hand on my leg'.

Wow, did I just support Man Utd manager? I think I just fullfilled one of the seven signs of the prophesized apocolypse. The next sign is if Liverpool or Man Utd win the league this year.

Its very common here in the states. The victims are usually athletes with prior allegations, often times substantiated. However, women on the take will target these athletes (or entertainers) because of their reputations. They hope for a quick out of court settlement.

In my book indecenty assualt is getting her tits out in public, jangling them about for a bit then forcing your hands down her knickers while she wails, complains and lashes out for you.

If there were fines and charges redeemable for touching a girls leg after leaving a nightclub at two in the morning I'd be on death row by now or even worse, serving life in Australia.

Cheers

up the Latics

Archived