The Cocoa Chronicles

StoneSoup

Ok, this is going to be a stretch, to justify keeping this thread out in visibility land.

I'm hoping I have enough chips on file with TopCat and Khun Sanuk to brazen this thing out.

I'm doing research on the cocoa market in Thailand - you know, the stuff they make chocolate out of.

Anyway, I'm looking to link up with folks who have useful knowledge about any of the areas listed below.

Since this is mainly a sanuk board, and I am tresspassing by inserting something mundane into it, this thread is now also the place to play out your "chocolate and whipped cream on the belly of a lithe go-go dancer" fantasies. Hell - Im a realist!

Info sought:

1. Referral to any farms in Thiland growing cocoa trees as a cash crop.

2. Referral to anyone in Thai Dept of Agriculture or any University here who has already studied the cocoa products marketplace in Thailand.

3. Referral to any inside contacts at Siam Cocoa Products Co.Ltd., or to anyone at the Thai Tobacco Monopoly who is involved with purchase of cocoa powder, or adding it into the tobacco.

4. Referral to anyone who is at any major cocoa consuming organziation here, and who has direct knowledge of purchase volumes, prices, qualities, "wish-list" desires (in regards to unavailable cocoa products, that is) - for dairy products, chocolate manufacturing, biscuits/cereals/baked goods, etc.

PMs welcome - to ss@indo-siam.com.

But - stick to the board when posting about your desire for a "bargirl sundae" or "I wannabe a chocolate e-clair" stories!

"Let the good times roll!!!"

The Fighting Fish

Archived