Thai nationals travelling to Cambodia

Bkkbound04

"is it possible to obtain a legal passport for her in Cambodia and is it possible for her to visit Thailand on a visa issued at the airport?"

I believe that any ASEAN national can go to another ASEAN country without a visa, but must have a passport (not counting brief day trips across some borders). I'd say that will be some trick for your lady to get a passport while staying illegally in Cambodia.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Siam Sam,

thank you for replying my question. This matter came up again this holiday (same lady) and I have been told, it is possible but it will cost USD 130 and 5 days waiting time. I don't know how the procedure will work exactly, but if the lady is still here during my next holidays and there will be a fitting again (with the lady), I will definitely give it a try. Some well known girls from PNH have been seen in BKK, so it seems I am not the only one taking this option into consideration and I doubt, all ladies from Vietnam who are staying in Cambodia are having a passport. I plan going back in 4 - 6 months and will post an answer, if there will be one.

[color:"red"]But, the problem is, she is Viet national and staying in Cambodia on an illegal status (i.e. no passport, no visa). So, is it possible to obtain a legal passport for her in Cambodia and is it possible for her to visit Thailand on a visa issued at the airport? I am planning to see her again. [/color]

Peter,

I don't think you should get involved in this at all. Sorry if my advice sounds harsh, but I just cannot imagine any legal means that she can get a passport in Cambo. If she can get one, it would require some kind of illegal activity - perhaps low cost and low risk, perhaps high cost (i.e. major bribe) and high risk. Very difficult to know for sure, and Cambodia is not a country where I want to be taking risks like this. Unless this is the lady you want to spend the rest of your life with, walk away from this.

Harlequin

harlequinbkk

your advise isn't harsh and your point is very right. After talking again, she told me, that most viet ladies in Cambo don't have a passport or visa. Something illegal will be definitely out of question for me. Imagine staying at the Cambo or Thai immigration and the lady being handcuffed because of false documents and may be some questions/ problems for me too? I really don't want this! She promised me to make a passport in Vietnam (she is viet, 30 yo) and on my next return we will probably go around. Time will tell.

Whilst she is illegally in Cambodia, if there is a Viet embassy in PNP she may be able to get her passport done there if she has the required documentation with her. No exp. at this place, just a comment on general embassy rules.

No doubt if this was possible, other Viet girls in PNP should know the routine. Probably a bit dodgey, but maybe possible.

OTOH if she doesn't want to return to VN (and she tells you it is OK, right?) there may be a reason for this. Stay aware !

Says LaoHuLi:

OTOH if she doesn't want to return to VN (and she tells you it is OK, right?) there may be a reason for this. Stay aware !

She told me, she is going home every one or two month to see her family (similar to many tg when leaving bkk and going upcountry). She is using a taxi, and while never staying in a hotel in Vietnam (when in Vietnam she stays at home), there is no real need for a passport. I don't know, how she can cross the border though. As said before, I will keep my eyes open and if there is the slightes sign of doubt, there will be no travelling with me.

Most of the VN girls are on contract and their "agent" arranges the crossing. Sometimes if they don't want to go home, for whatever reason, they try to get a farang to take them elsewhere. IF she can get a passport in VN, her agent may want to "hold" it so she doesn't get too independant.

Sorry Peter, if she is Viet, no passport in PNP, then she has an agent to get her across the border, secure employment, etc.

They are not a pimp, just an agent.

Or she is stinking rich in VN, pay huge $$$ to cross, and genuinely sneaks borders, risking gunfire and just does it for fun. How do you think she gets back with no passport??

At 30, she may have done this once or twice before. :dunno:

Might of even had a farang or 2??? :dunno:

Says LaoHuLi:

Sorry Peter, if she is Viet, no passport in PNP, then she has an agent to get her across the border, secure employment, etc.

I really don't know, how she and other girls are crossing the border. But, it seems it is common this way. Many girls from km11 are visiting their family too and they told me the same.

Says LaoHuLi:

At 30, she may have done this once or twice before.
:dunno:

Might of even had a farang or 2???
:dunno:

She told me, she is going back on a regular basis every one or two month. Of course it is also possible and the more likely, she has other boy friends. At the end, she is a working girl. I don't plan any long time relationship, I am just looking for a good time and fun. When looking for a long time relationship, I would definitely not opt for a prostitute.

Archived