Australians GO HOME!

Stickman

All I can say is that if I see a Arab driving a tuk-tuk (or taxi) down Soi 4 I'm gonna run for it!

Seriously though the Thais ought to get their shit together and think about this. For example blocking off the alleyway behind Nana disco? Or the entrance to NEP, restricting traffic to tuk-tuks(or limiting taxis to daylight hours) on Soi 4, etc. etc. The police in the booth at the intersection ought to be on guard (ie., should not be allowed to sleep during their shift ::) And what about the street in front of Annies MP between Soi 2 and 4, no need for that to be open after dark.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says flyonzewall:

>Keep in mind that Singapore is even more politically stable than Thailand and is also a "crossroads." That did not preclude the conspiracy to bomb US targets. <

>> snip <<

3. i don't understand why people fall into paranoia because some press reports of "possible attacks", with very unclear sources quoted, eg. "captured al-quaida members", "FBI files" without listing even one of those files, nor having the original quotes of those "captured al-quaida members", nor any original interview with any of them.

until i am given more specific information, i prefer to doubt.

I think people now fall into paranoia because the NYC World Trade attack showed us that being non-specific doesn't mean there's nothing to the information. Then, non-specific information was overlooked (as you say you still prefer to do). Today, we know better than to overlook non-specific information, but we continue to have the problem that specific information is near impossible to obtain until after the fact.

Regards, JEff

>I think people now fall into paranoia because the NYC World Trade attack showed us that being non-specific doesn't mean there's nothing to the information. Then, non-specific information was overlooked (as you say you still prefer to do). Today, we know better than to overlook non-specific information, but we continue to have the problem that specific information is near impossible to obtain until after the fact.<

the world trade centre was already once under attack before, so that's hardly the same, an attack in indonesia was expected for a long time, so, no surprise either.

those "warnings" quoting unconfirmed sources first came from CNN, a sender who somehow seems always to be at the "frontline" in that "war against terrorism", and was picked up then by everybody else. sorry, but whatever comes from that "news"-sender i do take with a grain of salt.

it is in the interest of some to keep the population in a state of panic and paranoia, so they can get the necessary support for whatever they want to do.

• 3 weeks later...

got a few nice places for you in Sydney to visit while your in town. great mixture of women thai, malay,korean, japanese, indonesian..tell me if your interested and i will email u the address...

"lifes to short to miss out"

Archived