How are the bars reacting to the arabs

ricosuave

As i remember from previous trips, many people of Arab origin had trouble getting into a lot of gogo bars, with some having signs saying 'No Arabs allowed' etc. With the recent events in Bali, and the presumed terrorist threat now in Thailand, how are the bars reacting. Are there total bans on Arabs entering bars or is it business as usual.

Also what do other people think of this subject.

Arabs, indians, pakistanies and even Thais have been not allowed in some bars for a long time. Some Bar owners are prejudgist. It problable comes from the personality of a western who would have the balls to open a go-go bar in thailand, rather than the normal public.. I have meet a few go-go bar owners and they are unique individuals.

IMHO it seems to be a business decision by bar owners whether to allow non-westerners in bars or not. That's why they have bouncers in nightclubs here in London to filter those who don't fit in.

I made it a policy not to bother about japanese karaoke in BKK. If I'm not welcome I don't want to go inside anyway.

Segragation in bars predates today's headlines. I am sure that there are suragates in every stripe of bar who relish throwing scorn on stinky arabs, cheesy europeans, black black black black people, bald people, hairy people or any other person in the presence of any paying audience.

AG

Archived