Starting an internet cafe?

steffi

I remember a thread awhile ago about possibility/feasibility of purchasing a meeting place/pub for the board.

I'm surprised no one mentioned potential *benefit* of having an internet cafe :: We now have GTGs posting on the board ... and can get access to the information from the otherside ;)

Heck, it can be a franchise with at least three locations!!!!!

<above was attempted humor>

On the serious note, the cyber "game room" business is huge in Korea (and Japan, I think). Mostly young guys trying to prove "who's your daddy!!!!". I have few Korean-American friends investing in this business in Korea and the ROI was supposed to be less than a year ... and it was cash business ;) Went to a nice internet cafe in HMC, Vietnam and it was packed with Korean ex-pats.

I remember reading a Bangkok Post story about the guy who opened up the Emporium Internet shop (3rd or 4th floor). He said he was doing quite well financially and think it was opened and then expanded within the last 12-18 months. Seems to be busy most of the time and the rates are relatively high. Good location to find foreigners who want to use the internet..

I see the prices they take down in phuket or koh samui and its always filled with people there, many of the shops are combined with travel agency and day trips and stuff so i guess its a good living with that...... as long as there tourist that can pay the fee for using the internet

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly! The Internet Cafes near a university do very well!

All internet cafes that were acquired through us have done well per comments from the current new owners. The ones that do outstanding are the school ones. ( 40-60K profit per month)

We still have several Internet Cafes on Sukhumvit available. The rates on Silom at 3 baht per minute seems to be the highest area in Bangkok.

Archived