Manhattan and Tai-Pan

trooper

Hi Board!

Just wondered do I need to book a double room in Manhattan or Tai-Pan to avoid joiner fees? I'm planning my next holiday in Thailand and the price/quality for those two hotels seems really temptating when booked via Siam-Online. I remember the guest friendliness of those hotels has been discussed before, but just want to be sure. Last time I got really pissed cause my friend had recommended Ruamchit Plaza to be totally guestfriendly but damn, they charged 250 baht every time I brought back a ladyfriend.

Trooper

If Tai-Pan didn´t change their guest-policy since August you definitely have to book for two persons. I stayed at Tai-Pan 3 times this summer and they always asked me for the name of the second person and even worse they told me that if I would bring a lady with me I had to pay a joiner fee. :: Luckily they didn´t ask for it later, but I had the impression, that didn´t like this (my) kind of guests.

There must be lots of threads on these two, try a search.I have been there (tai pan) over 15 times in the past three years and never had much of a problem. Sometimes they will ask if it's all right to take the girls ID but if I don't want them to I just refuse. In august took two girls back at the same time with no problem. BTW the owner is a malaysian guy, his brother owns a tai pan in Laos. If you pay the 1650 rate you get a much better room than the siam-online, ones, usually they give you rooms that are left, which more than likely have twin beds-. I warn again using the tour desk as the owner will tell you anything to get a sale.peter

Archived