Bang Na

the_numbers

Anybody have experience with housing out near the Bang Na area. Specific places, apartments.

I have found a few places near On Nut before, but you basically are left to catch motorcycles down the soi to Sukhumvit everytime you want to go somewhere (unless you have a car).

Even something Ekkamai area that is not of the "super-deluxe" Peter's Mansion---vibe.

thanks in advance... ::

The skytrain station smack inbetween On Nut and Ekkamai is known as Phra-kanong. There are a few cheap places to stay in that area. Especially down soi 71. You're not far from a Jusco supermarket either.

It is too bad that they did not have the wisdom to put the skytrain out to bang-na highway.. It would have opened up that area.

Again it depends on your budget. You can get nice digs out in Bangna-trat highway but you really need a car if you are going to get off the hussle and bussle of the main road , plus the sukumvit entrance can have a long wait if you are on a bus or in a car

There are some cheap apt at around suk 101 to 105 area that are close to suk road but you will have a 10 min bus ride to the BTS. It all depends on what you want and price range. I have lived in teh area for about the year and my wife has for about 5 years so if you need some other info PM me

Thanks for the information.. I have a Thai friend who lives in Phra-Khanong area actually who I will be staying with while I look for my own place.. Maybe their place will be great, and thus the problem will be solved.

::

I guess the important info for me is I don't have a car, nor do I particularly want one, or the hassle, which poses a problem out on the freeway, but I can catch the rot may (bus) 48 to work, and plan on going that route.

I don't want the deluxe accomodations or furnished/serviced. I want a plain room hot water optional.. clean, simple, done. more thai style.. do a 6 month lease, ballpark 5-10 thou baht, a month

May just have to motorcycle up the sois to sukhumvit, but its like 10baht or something.. not bad.

Anyone with names and soi's would be appreciated.

I'll talk off list so as not to clot the board with my personal queries excessively.

:)

numbers

I used to live on soi 71, alone. I moved up there because it provided me with a quick route up to the ramkamhaeng area, yet was still near the skytrain. I actually found a quiet soi with many high class family homes. Unfortunately, in the end, I was just a little further from the skytrain then I wanted to be. It was about 20 minutes on foot. For 3.5 baht, I could take the little green bus (#71) down to the sky train, and if I was feelin' really saucy, then I'd hitch a ride with a motorcycle-taxi for a few extra baht.

By the way, becareful of the motorcycle taxis on the same side of the street, and 2 blocks north of the Jusco. They will attempt to rip you off, no doubt. When leaving Jusco, just flag down a passing moto. It's better than arguing with the other guys.

Archived