Any info on Cha-Am???

blueballs

I've done a search and cant find any info(from members) on

Cha-Am,will be visiting 3rd week of Nov. I'm bringing my girlfriend from Pattaya so looking for any interesting things

to do besides enjoying the beach. I've also asked for

hotel recommendations in the Accommodation's Section.

Thx in advance

Blue

Great beach, kinda gets full on the weekend and holidays. Other than the beach? Ummmm, did I tell you the beach is nice. There is an interesting wat, where Buddha has extra hands, kind of in a hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, but it includes some other evils/senses. Don't remember the name but easy to find. A summer palace is nearby. I hear you can tour, but I never made it.

Town had ATMs, banks, bar beers, but no go-gos that I know of. Lots of good seafood.

Don't forget to check out the beach!

I will check my notes on our hotel, which was OK. If I find the name I will post in accom thread.

This info is a few years old (2).

There actually is a Go-Go bar called "Chicken Coop" in the Cha Am Plaza about half way between the highway and the beach road on the south side of Narathip Road. Kinda tame and the girls generally wear levis and T-shirts. However the bar fine is only 200 or 300 Baht and the girls are happy with 500 Baht. Some short time rooms available at the restaurant next door. But, not likely you will find any English speaking girls. There are several bar beers, hostess and Karaoke places in the plza. Not much but better than nothing. The restaurant next to Chicken Coop and called by the same name is a fun place to hang out and, believe it or not, has the best Mexican Food in Thailand. English owner passed away about a year ago and the restaurant and GoGo are run by his wife, I forget her name, who is really a great lady.

There was an effort to develop several theme bars and restaurants on Cha Am avenue off the Beach road several years ago which fizzled. However, there are several fun bars left in the remnants with OK girls. Not much by BKK standards, but then what is?

Cha Am gets very busy with Thai holidaymakers at weekends and public holidays otherwise it is dead, even in high season. The go-go bar is OK for a laugh if you are in a group. Most of the customers are either the girls' (Thai) boyfriends or cops.Many people who go to Cha Am end up heading 20 odd kms down the road to Hua Hin in search of a bit of action.

Archived