Type "O" Questions

the_numbers

Reentry permits only. It is located on ticketing level in Terminal 1, at the far right of the doorways that lead to departure immigration (as you face the rear wall). It is sunk into the back wall, similar to the offices of the myriad obscure airlines - but it is just to the right of the last machine on the right that sells departure tax tickets. Manned 24 hours per day (but the clerk may be sleeping on a cotn inside the officeearly mornings).

"Let the good times roll!"

Stone Soup

• 2 weeks later...

"Then I guess I should be asking the question of Siam Sam. How did you get an 'O' visa with no wife?"

Sorry for the late reply. The answer is: I dunno. At the time, I knew nothing about O visas, or any other letter. I just asked the elderly Japanese-American couple who ran the Thai Consulate in Hawaii for a triple-entry Non-Imm visa and walked out 20 minutes later with it. No problems. Word was that the Thai Consul himself was allowed to keep all fees as his salary and that he was therefore handing visas out like candy, but that sounds like an Urban Legend. This wa a long time ago, though, and I don't know if this is still done there.

Archived